Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMF membergroups names in Greek not properly displayed in CPG 1.4x  (Read 3994 times)

agridoc

• Coppermine novice
    • Aeromodelling GR - Aeromodelling in Greece

As I posted in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=37919.msg186006#msg186006 SMF membergroups names in Greek are not properly displayed in CPG 1.4x. Greek characters are ignored.

I don' t know if this happens with UTF-8 as I use a different approach.

I use codepage ISO-8859-7 in config and Greek language file with same codepage. Database collation is latin-1_swedish. The same applies for SMF.

Searching smf10.inc.php I found that the problem can be overcomed  by editing the code in lines 190-193 (CPG 1.4.10).

Code: [Select]
                while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
                {
                        $udb_groups[$row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_id']]+100] = utf_ucfirst(utf_strtolower($row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_name']]));
                }

Just change the utf_ucfirst() and utf_strtolower() functions defined in /include/functions.inc.php to the original  PHP ucfirst() and strtolower().

Code: [Select]
                while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
                {
                        $udb_groups[$row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_id']]+100] = ucfirst(strtolower($row[$this->field['grouptbl_group_name']]));
                }

Using the edited file membergroups names in Greek will display correctly.

I believe that this change, combined with the proposed one for Greek search will make possible to use CPG in standard Greek ISO-8859-7 codepage. Not found any other misfunction yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.