Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum/Message problems?  (Read 9268 times)

Calic0cat

• Coppermine newbie
Forum/Message problems?
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:35:44 pm »

For the past couple of days, I've been unable to send messages to other forum members. I can type out the message and all looks well, however, attempting to preview or send the message result in the current page simply refreshing itself. My messages remains in the message box, however the post is not sent. I've tried sending both new messages and replies on three different browsers (Firefox, IE, and Opera) on two different computers over two different Internet connections; the result is the same in each and every case; I simply cannot send a message to another member via the forum software. Posting to a forum works, obviously, or this post wouldn't be here. Is anyone else having problems sending personal messages on the forum? If so, any suggestions would be very much welcolmed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:18:03 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Forum/Message problems?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 09:17:46 pm »

Personal messages on the coppermine support board (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/) appear to be working as expected (I just tested this), so I guess you're refering to another site with a forum. This board doesn't deal with forum software, but only with Coppermine, which doesn't come with instant messaging. Request support on the supporting channels of the app you're refering to.

Calic0cat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:19:49 pm »

No, I'm not referring to another forum; I'm referring to personal messages on this one. I'm in the midst of communication with someone who was commissioned to write a bridge for me and I have been unable to send a reply or new message in response to the last message from him. I have no idea what the problem may be; if it's working for you, then it must be something specific to my account. I've got less than half a dozen sent messages, all very brief, saved in my outbox and an equally small number saved in my inbox, so I really doubt that I've hit the limit for saved messages (and I'm not getting any sort of an error message, which I would think would happen if the quota was extraordinarily small and I had actually hit it).  ???

Calic0cat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:25:51 pm »

One possible difference between your test and what I was trying to do occurred to me, so I tried sending a message again, this time with "save copy in outbox" unchecked and myself added to the BCC line instead, and it worked. So, something's wrong with the "save copy in outbox" option specifically.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 10:36:06 pm »

I tried it with a non-admin test user account that has exactly the same privileges you have. The test user can send PMs as expected. Can't replicate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.