Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not showing pics for guests?  (Read 2953 times)

sword

• Coppermine newbie
not showing pics for guests?
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:10:39 pm »

Hi

I want to hidden particular pics in a album only for guests. Registered users should see all pics. Is there a way to do this? If yes, how?

Thank you

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: not showing pics for guests?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 06:36:34 am »

simple answer would be No
you should create a new album and put those image under that and set the Album can be viewed by to members of 'Registered' group
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

sword

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:10:27 am »

Thank you sami

Your solution is not for me  :-\. The reason is: If I have a album with pictures of holidays, I would show pics with landscapes to all users, but some pics with my family only to registered users. But all pictures should be in the same album, because there all of the same holidays.

Maybe, its a feature for the next version of cp  ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 02:54:35 pm »

Then use the album keyword feature to embedd the pics from a restricted album into the one that should be available for everyone. Pics from linked albums respect permissions.

Here's the setup: create album "A" and put all pics into it that are suppossed to be private. Set permissions on that album to be accessible only for members of the group "family". Edit the files within this album and set the file keywords to something individual like "Holiday2006HawaiiFamily" (make sure to enter the keyword as one word, similar to the one I just typed in).

Then create another album "B" with all the pics that are meant to show to the public. Assign viewing permissions accordingly ("everyone" or "registered", depending on your setup and taste). Finally go to the album properties of that album and set the album keyword to "Holiday2006HawaiiFamily".  That's it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.