Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You are currently banned from using this site.  (Read 6000 times)

rustyp

• Coppermine newbie
You are currently banned from using this site.
« on: November 23, 2006, 06:38:02 pm »

Their are so many categories here I have no idea if I am posting in the right place so you guys that are hear all day every day reading every post will have to forgive me if its not in the exact right place, I browsed through the categories and this one looked good to me, if a admin moves my post to a better location than here please send me a email with the link so I can find it and to avoid me having to start a new topic.

"You are currently banned from using this site."

Some how I ban myself, I wanted to do a batch upload and it asked for my password (not sure why it dont remember me) so I kept trying to enter my password pretty soon it gave me the message "You are currently banned from using this site." I had did the "forgot your password" thingie but it never sent me a email with my password, over the years I have entered so many passwords I cant keep track of what I entered 6 months ago, so how do I recover my password, I have server access to coppermine is it stored in a file some place?  At this point I am not sure what version I am using since I am ban and it wont give me any info, once unban I might be able to tell you.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:39:26 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: You are currently banned from using this site.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 06:43:53 pm »

After a number of failed login attempts you're banned from the site to avoid brute force attacks. You can configure both the number of failed login attempts as well as the ban period in Coppermine's config.
You can't have the password sent to you if you failed to enter an email address into the profile of your admin account, that's proably why the "forgot my password" link didn't work.
The passwords are not being stored in a file, but an MD5-hash is being stored in the database. There are many threads that explain how to retrieve a lost password or set a fresh one, please search the board.

rustyp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 08:08:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply, can you give me a hint what to search for to find these post?

rustyp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 10:31:38 am »

I fixed it without your help thanks, I deleted it and reinstalled the whole thing, perhaps this useful info will show up in someones "search" in the future.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 06:14:27 pm »

Deleting and re-installing the entire gallery just because you have been banned definitely is the wrong method  ::). Sounds like a doctor who shoots his patients because he doesn't know the cure.

rustyp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 07:15:33 pm »

Two for two...

You have replied to my post two times both times your replies were of no help to me, witty but useless in fixing my problem or answering my question.

Like said before its fixed!

It was fast and painless to delete and reinstall, nobody was injured or died in process, I didnt spend hundreds of hours searching for an answer to a 1/2 answer reply either ;D

I really see no need for you to reply here to my post that is unless your going to give step by step instructions on resetting the password without having to delete the whole thing and start over so if you really know give it up if not well...

Thanks again for all the non help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 07:50:09 am »

You reset the password using phpMyAdmin. You clear the ban using phpMyAdmin. You set up a reasonable threshold for the ban feature in coppermine's config in the first place.
In fact I haven't been talking to you, but my post was directed at others with similar issues: re-installing is not an option.
Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.