Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation check not providing the needed output  (Read 3394 times)

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Installation check not providing the needed output
« on: November 12, 2006, 09:14:21 pm »

Hi,

Up to the 1.4.9 series, I had not encountered any problem with the installation or the update.  I downloaded the latest 1.4.10 installed (worked OK) and did the update since my setup also include the Stramm modpack.  Using this combination, the update was successful also but when I did the installation check, it did not spew out the usual diagnostic analysis to show that the the correct files and directories were the proper versions, etc.

[I can send the link of the page by email if requested by one of the developers if needed, but I will not post it here.]

One of the options indicated might be the inability to access the site involved in the diagnostic test.  I checked and got this URL fine:

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/repository.txt

So, I am not sure why the complete diagnosis does not go all the way.  I am hesitant therefore to update all my previous multiple galleries.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

CGC

Notes:
(1) Here is my usual routine that worked well up to 1.4.9, including the diagnostic test after the upgrade run.

After I uploaded in sequence the CPG and the Stramm modpack, I re-introduced the modified (customized) themes that were used previously. 

I re-download the resulting complete script from the above (still unused) to serve as a master copy of the combined CPG-Stramm modpack.  Before re-uploading, I generally delete all the other themes I do not use.  The resulting modification is the re-uploaded and used for installation and update, for new galleries.

Unable to connect to online repository
Coppermine was unable to connect to the online repository. This can have two reasons:

* the coppermine online repository is currently down - check if you can browse this page: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/repository.txt - if you can't access this page, try again later.
    * PHP on your webserver is configured with allow_url_fopen turned off (by default, it's turned on). If the server is yours to administer, turn this option on in php.ini (at least allow it to be overridden with ini_set). If you're webhosted, you will probably have to live with the fact that you can't compare your files to the online repository. This page will then only display the file versions that came with your distribution - updates will not be displayed.

The script is defaulting to the local copy of the version-files now. The data may be inacurate if you have upgraded Coppermine and you haven't uploaded all files. Changes to the files after the release won't be taken into account as well.
Installed Coppermine version
You have currently installed: 1.4.10 modpack v1
If you think this is entirely wrong and you're supposed to be running a higher version of Coppermine, you probably haven't uploaded the most recent version of the file include/init.inc.php
Version comparison
folder/file    cpg version    file version
The script made a boo, it was not able to retrieve any information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Summary
Total files/folders checked:    0
Mandatory files missing:    0
Optional files missing:    0
Files left over from outdated Coppermine version:    0
Outdated file versions:    0

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.