Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Theme "DM-Frosty" for cpg1.4.x  (Read 8552 times)

Bruce

Re: Theme "DM-Frosty" for cpg1.4.x
« on: October 27, 2006, 12:17:49 am »

Did some mods to this theme as it was almost perfect for my needs, but I have a few issues, as seen in the attached screenshots. They are self-explanatory, really, but I could use some help correcting these because I've gone through template.html and style.css time after time and can't find a solution. Help would certainly be appreciated!

Linkage ...http://sunrisersalumni.org/gallery/index.php
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:24:00 am by Sami »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 06:24:48 am »

Split above posting from http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=37766.0
Your issue is not related to the theme release of DyMysterious. Instead, you request theme customization help, so your thread belongs into the regular theme support.
After all, you even have three question in one thread, so you should have asked this on three different threads imo.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 10:32:51 am »

Viewing the source of your site I found this:

<title>Sunrisers Alumni Gallery - Home</title>
</head>
<body>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/dm_frosty/style.css" type="text/css" /><script type="text/javascript" src="scripts.js"></script>

<center>
<table BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="967" class="bodyline" >
<tr>
<td ALIGN=LEFT WIDTH="967" HEIGHT="150" style="background-image:url(themes/dm_frosty/images/imagebg2.jpg); height:160px; width:967px; "></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>
</table></center>

The first table shows leftovers from the original code wich you don't need at that place.
Change the path /dm_frosty/ to point to your themes directory (no need if original theme name/folder is used).

Remove the lines below in your template.html from the upper table if you are not planning to insert some code in the available row/collumn.
Code: [Select]
<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>

The blue line can be caused by class="bodyline" in the first table. Remove that class from the html-code or change your styles css to test this. Another class you can take a look at is .maintable, remove or change the option border: 1px solid #0E72A4; to see what happens.

Second one, the ::  in the navigation, are coming out of the core of CPG.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:46:50 am by DaMysterious »
DaMysterious.

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 03:13:14 pm »

Viewing the source of your site I found this:

The first table shows leftovers from the original code wich you don't need at that place.
Change the path /dm_frosty/ to point to your themes directory (no need if original theme name/folder is used).

Remove the lines below in your template.html from the upper table if you are not planning to insert some code in the available row/collumn.
<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>

The blue line can be caused by class="bodyline" in the first table. Remove that class from the html-code or change your styles css to test this. Another class you can take a look at is .maintable, remove or change the option border: 1px solid #0E72A4; to see what happens.

Second one, the ::  in the navigation, are coming out of the core of CPG.

Thank you Sir!
 ;D

Bruce

Re: Re: Theme "DM-Frosty" for cpg1.4.x
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:36:53 pm »

DaMyst ...

Looks like you got it, Sir! I removed both the "border..." and the ".bodyline..." items and the line is gone.
Can't seem to find that empty table, though. Is that the one with the "v align=left" in it at the top?

Bruce

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 11:00:11 pm »

Hmmm...upon rechecking, I think you probably mean the following table, right DaMyst?

<tr>
<td>{CUSTOM_HEADER}</td>
</tr>
</table></center>

That seems to be orphaned, but I could well be wrong.

I did go and rename the theme to my own "sunriser" theme, and restored your original to it's own theme directory. By way of thanks, I left your link and info at the bottom as creator of the concept I used as a base to modify. It was certainly closer to what I wanted than the previous try with "F1blue3d" theme.

I managed to figure out how to incorporate my gradients into the tableh1 and tableh2 areas as well. A few more minor tweaks and I think I'll have exactly what I want:)

Thanks again for your help!

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 02:32:28 am »

Well ... another question. Actually 2 related, but to keep my karma under control I'll make 2 posts.

Note the attached screenshot. tableh1 is a problem with the gradient. While it displays properly on the main page, in album view it doubles up to fill the table size there. Is there any way around this so I don't have to eliminate it from the main page?

Bruce

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 02:34:40 am »

And the second but related part...

Note again the attached screenshot.

The table here is wider than all the others (probably not saying this correctly, but)

Where in styles.css can I adjust the width of this table. Or can't I?

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 11:27:31 am »

Hmmm...upon rechecking, I think you probably mean the following table, right DaMyst?

<tr>
<td>{CUSTOM_HEADER}</td>
</tr>
</table></center>

That seems to be orphaned, but I could well be wrong.

The answer was given in my first post Bruce. Simply search the Code: part in the upper table.
Don't remove {CUSTOM_HEADER} as you may need it on later stage inserting your custom header at that place.

<center><table BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="967" >
<tr>
<td ALIGN=LEFT WIDTH="967" HEIGHT="150" style="background-image:url(themes/dm_frosty/images/imagebg2.jpg); height:160px; width:967px; "></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>

</table></center>
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 11:38:15 am »

Well ... another question. Actually 2 related, but to keep my karma under control I'll make 2 posts.

Note the attached screenshot. tableh1 is a problem with the gradient. While it displays properly on the main page, in album view it doubles up to fill the table size there. Is there any way around this so I don't have to eliminate it from the main page?

Seems there is a graphic used to fill that table.
Take a look in your style.css at .tableh1 and .tableh1_compact.
Change the size (height) of the used graphic (possible cellpic1.gif?) or use the given color from .sortorder_cell / .sortorder_options.
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 11:44:00 am »

And the second but related part...

Note again the attached screenshot.

The table here is wider than all the others (probably not saying this correctly, but)

Where in styles.css can I adjust the width of this table. Or can't I?

You mean the admin navigation?
The width is given from out of cpg's core and does change automatically.
Related css settings = .admin_menu
DaMysterious.

Bruce

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 03:27:25 pm »

The answer was given in my first post Bruce. Simply search the Code: part in the upper table.
Don't remove {CUSTOM_HEADER} as you may need it on later stage inserting your custom header at that place.

Okay, I hoped I don't get over my head with this.

I checked the codes again and this is the "top header" ...

<center><table BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="967" >
<tr>
<td ALIGN=LEFT WIDTH="967" HEIGHT="150" style="background-image:url(themes/Sunriser/images/imagebg2.jpg); height:160px; width:967px; "></td>
</tr>

I was looking for JUST the code you showed, so that's why I couldn't find it. Yes - the graphic there is my top logo. So if I remove that as uggested - I lose my logo, right? Don't want that.

Moving on to the next post ...

Bruce

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 03:36:03 pm »

Seems there is a graphic used to fill that table.
Take a look in your style.css at .tableh1 and .tableh1_compact.
Change the size (height) of the used graphic (possible cellpic1.gif?) or use the given color from .sortorder_cell / .sortorder_options.

Okay, in this part ... I don't use the cellpic.gif of yours anywhere. I use the graphic named "gradient.jpg" instead. I guess I should have used a small segment like you did in cellpic but didn;t know it would repeat and couldn't find any code suggesting it did to fill the cell. My bad on that. Perhaps I should reduce the size of my gradient and maybe the problem will go away?

The segment referring to the tableh1 and tableh1_compact is ...
.tableh1 {
   background: URL(images/gradient.jpg);
   color: #FFFFFF;
   padding: 3px 10px;
}

.tableh1_compact {
   background: URL(images/gradient.jpg);
   padding: 2px 5px;
}

.... so can I assume if I make the change in the size of my gradient it will fill the cells properly? Sorry if I'm confusing the subject - as I said I am new to stylesheets and this code is way over my ability to break down and modify. I'm playing "change, upload, and test" on this since I can't view changes locally.

On the .sortorder segment, I have this ....

.sortorder_cell {
   background: #FF9900;
   padding: 0px;
   margin: 0px;
}

.sortorder_options {
   background: #FF9900;
   padding: 0px;
   margin: 0px;
   white-space: nowrap;
   font: normal 80% Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

... so I do already have the color option included there, if I'm understanding this correctly. Can you advise what the "white-space; nowrap;" line does? maybe that would have some effect on how the graphic displays?

Bruce

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 03:39:01 pm »

You mean the admin navigation?
The width is given from out of cpg's core and does change automatically.
Related css settings = .admin_menu

Sorry, no. I'm referring to the cell that includes the text "category", "files", and "number" I believe that is the cell in tableh2 and tableh2_compact?

Bruce

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 02:43:19 am »

::) Well ... I guess I overstayed my welcome!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 07:58:30 am »

Different questions are suppossed to go into separate threads, not just separate postings within one thread! That's what board rules say. The reason is: the thread can be tagged as "solved" when the question is solved, so supporters don't have to read through the whole thread over and over again. Additionally, others looking for support on similar issues benefit as well.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 10:05:31 am »

Okay, in this part ... I don't use the cellpic.gif of yours anywhere. I use the graphic named "gradient.jpg" instead. I guess I should have used a small segment like you did in cellpic but didn;t know it would repeat and couldn't find any code suggesting it did to fill the cell. My bad on that. Perhaps I should reduce the size of my gradient and maybe the problem will go away?

Possible code to repeat a graphic or not:

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) repeat-x;

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) repeat-y;

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) no-repeat;

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) repeat;

... so I do already have the color option included there, if I'm understanding this correctly. Can you advise what the "white-space; nowrap;" line does? maybe that would have some effect on how the graphic displays?

Will say text will not wraped to a next line (automatic line breaks are suppressed).

Sorry to say, but this hase nothing to with my Frosty theme anymore. So I like to close this topic here to overcome confusions.
DaMysterious.

Bruce

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 11:17:26 am »

Possible code to repeat a graphic or not:

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) repeat-x;

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) repeat-y;

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) no-repeat;

background: url(images/cellpic1.gif) repeat;

Will say text will not wraped to a next line (automatic line breaks are suppressed).

Sorry to say, but this hase nothing to with my Frosty theme anymore. So I like to close this topic here to overcome confusions.

Thank you. Understood.

Please mark this thread closed ....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.