Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random pics sometimes not displaying  (Read 5854 times)

ladeyo

• Coppermine newbie
Random pics sometimes not displaying
« on: February 06, 2004, 09:33:26 pm »

hey i am having a little problem quite similar to jdbaranger's problem where the album thumbnail wouldn't display and is jus a tiny box.. i had applied the mod to cpg 1.2.1 .. and it seems to work but its just that little problem with the displaying of the thumbnail of a album. and another strange thing is happening.

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nuffrespect.net%2Fpublic%2Fstrange.jpg&hash=cdfd058bb6b014ebed4b6b6e4a7194b8672aba60)

Sometimes when i go to the gallery the random photo section shows that there is no pics to display. it doesn't happen all the time and i dont know what may be causing this. please help me. thanks.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 10:23:05 pm »

Hi,

the occasional failure of the random pics is probably due to a timeout caused by too many queries being run.  You are asking for 30 lastup and 30 random pics.  Reducing this will probably clear the problem.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

ladeyo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 10:39:37 pm »

thanks alot for the tip .. I'll try reducing the number.. its jus strange because i had always had it to that setting. i guess i didn't notice it before :s

-edit- I tried lowering the number if pics that displayed but im still having the same problem  :(  :cry:

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 10:44:49 pm »

ah, yes, but you added a lot more pics today, didn't you.   :wink:

edit;  and you didn't drop it that much.  Try 15 of each, and see what happens then.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

ladeyo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 10:56:17 pm »

hmmm... i set it to 15 each..but still getting the same response :s quite strange... see .. my gallery was once huge. had quite a number of pics but then something happened with my server and i lost all my data ... i was able to recover the sql database and now im just adding the pics i had saved.. and now im seeing another strange thing... when the albums are set to display the "last uploaded" pic as a thumbnail for the album ... it seems as if its grabbing the wrong pics ... like say i have a album of cars and one of people... the thumb for the cars album would have a picture of a person. instead of a car... :s dunno if you can make any sense out of that but lol ...alot of things are happening right now and its confusing me

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 11:22:23 pm »

postings split/separated from thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=862 because not related.

GauGau

ladeyo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 01:34:01 am »

ok i think i fixed the problem i was havin ... i dunno if i was supposed to do this or if it would have a toll on my server and its resources or anything ... but what i did was edit the "functions.inc.php" file... did a search for "random" and i came across this line

Code: [Select]
// if we have more than 1000 pictures, we limit the number of picture returned
                // by the SELECT statement as ORDER BY RAND() is time consuming
                if ($pic_count > 1000)

i changed the 1000 to 5000 ... i dunno if this was a good move or not but it seemed to fix the problem  :?  do you guys think that was a good move ? like..would it have a back lash later on... i may have misunderstood the line of code...my gallery had over 7000 photos with the previous version i am re-uploading my images because of a some server problems..so now i have about ..5000 pics..... hmm.well i dunno... do you think i made a good move when i switched the numbers?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 11:16:36 am »

Coppermine has been reported to work with 90,000+ pics in the database...

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.