Thanks to Sami for the great plug. Been a long time no changes to highslide plug in, so I decided to do a new version (hope Sami won't kill me for that) to better suit my own needs - probably it's interesting for others, too.
============================================= v2.4 - 2007/10/25 - 18:00 GMT
by Timos-Welt (http://www.timos-welt.de
- German language added
- Latest version of highslide.js by Torstein Hnsi (3.2.10), this will give you
- better optics
- better browser compatibility
- animation uses less resources, especially with IE
- fixed memory leak with IE
- no more flickering in IE 7
- For more information about changes of the java script, see http://vikjavev.no/highslide
- All css stuff is now in include/highslide.css to make it easier to adapt the optics
to your own needs.
Missing features from prev. version:
- I did _not_ change function and variable names in highslide.js to cpghs_... - if the plug in
- Fixed invalid XHTML if one thumbnail was diplayed twice on index page
(e. g. in last uploaded _and_ top rated) by using $iCaptionCounter variable
to avoid equal id attributes.
- Now compatible with funny file names if you want. Previous versions would not
open intermediate but full size picture if filename contained special
characters (e. g. space, (, ), [, ] ...) - Coppermine can cope with these
file names, so the plug in should as well. There's an additional option
on the configuration page now to force highslide to always open the inter-
mediate size. Better way would be to use an alternative to is_file, but I didn't
find one. Come on you PHP experts!
- highslide.js is delivered in a packed and unpacked version to save load time.
If you want to do changes (e. g. change the slide parameters), use the un-
packed version and rename it to highslide.js
- Parameter 'Apply to index & meta albums' and 'Apply to all pages' were wrong
way round; changed these in the language files.
- Image view will still not count
- Will not work if you have custom title on thumbnails!
- Slightly different optics between IE, Firefox and Opera when using Caption (CSS problem?)
- De-install any previous version, delete the database table if asked.
You can find a demo of v2.4 at http://pics.timos-welt.de
Remember to have fun!