Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW INSTALL OF CPG... how do I move current gallery to new?  (Read 3668 times)

mindlounge

• Coppermine newbie
NEW INSTALL OF CPG... how do I move current gallery to new?
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:59:40 am »

i have a bit of a probem and hope someone out there will have a painless solution.  I have to install a fresh version of coppermine on my host cuz they now have a deal where they offer coppermine gallery as part of their hosting package.  Obviously since they offer coppermine... that means they will support it as well in case something happens.  In lieu of that, I need to install a fresh version of coppermine via their installer and would like to somehow migrate the current albums and data from my old coppermine install to the new one.  I already have quite a bt of albums created and am dreading having to manually re-create all of them and was hoping there's an easier way to migrate the current data and images to the new coppermine. 

Please HELP!!!

Thanks
mindlounge

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: NEW INSTALL OF CPG... how do I move current gallery to new?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:33:18 am »

i have a bit of a probem and hope someone out there will have a painless solution.  I have to install a fresh version of coppermine on my host cuz they now have a deal where they offer coppermine gallery as part of their hosting package.  Obviously since they offer coppermine... that means they will support it as well in case something happens.  In lieu of that, I need to install a fresh version of coppermine via their installer and would like to somehow migrate the current albums and data from my old coppermine install to the new one.  I already have quite a bt of albums created and am dreading having to manually re-create all of them and was hoping there's an easier way to migrate the current data and images to the new coppermine. 

Please HELP!!!

Thanks
mindlounge

Assuming the version is the same, I think you can use their installer and then move all your current data (the entire gallery directory, including albums...everything) into the folder they create.  Since you would be moving /include/config.inc.php along with your other data, the "new" gallery should point to your existing database.

If you want to use the database they create, then backup all the tables and then restore them in the new databse.

But, all things considered, it may be a better option to continue to maintaining your own installation.  Your host is probably not an expert on Coppermine.  If you manage it yourself, you will be more familiar with how it works.

You can do it.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: NEW INSTALL OF CPG... how do I move current gallery to new?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 06:54:14 am »

In fact you shouldn't use Auto-Installer script such as fantastico to install or upgrade Coppermine those are outdated and they always make troubles
you need to upgrade your gallery manualy please read the upgrade documentation for more information
and you shouldn't re-create any thing at all
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.