Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.4.8 --> 1.4.9 manual upgrade?  (Read 5372 times)

thejake420

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Jakes Jokes - the largest joke site on the web
    • Jakes Jokes
1.4.8 --> 1.4.9 manual upgrade?
« on: August 27, 2006, 11:22:04 pm »

I understand from the official announcement that manual upgrading isn't the preferred solution, but is there a release with only the modified files for those of us with modded galleries "despite the recommendation to the contrary"? If not, is there any chance of such a release (with the disclaimer that this is not the recommended method)?

It would be useful to some of us.

Jake

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 1.4.8 --> 1.4.9 manual upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 11:49:50 pm »

No, there's no such package, and there will be no such package. Create one for yourself if you need it, using a diff viewer like Winmerge. Chances are high that you'll be missing stuff though. Do as I suggested in the announcement thread: create a diff between your modded version and a vanilla copy of your version (cpg1.4.8). This way, you'll get a list of all your custom mods. Then upgrade to cpg1.4.9 and re-apply the mod from the list you created in the previous step. This way you can make sure that you get all changes.

thejake420

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Jakes Jokes - the largest joke site on the web
    • Jakes Jokes
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 12:48:53 am »

I did a full overwrite (and ran the update.php script, etc.), except I did not overwrite my theme, config.php (of course), and displayimage.php. Strictly from a security point of view, is this sufficient?

Jake

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 01:34:00 am »

Assuming you mean config.inc.php that should be fine, displayimage.php has not been changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.