Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple consecutive access with one username and password  (Read 3183 times)

ianc

• Coppermine novice
Multiple consecutive access with one username and password
« on: August 22, 2006, 03:46:02 am »

Hi,

I'm trying to get around a requirement to have multiple access to a single album for file upload. (I have the question/problem listed on this board elsewhere in a different guise, but since I'm coming at the problem from a different direction here, I think that this Q: warrants a separate thread).

How (can?) do I enable 2+ users to access a single user account consecutively and be able to upload images ?

I want multiple users to add images to one album and am trying to find a simple workaround. Currently in a default CPG setup this doesn't work. If it did, with the provision of a U:P: to an already created album, multiple users could contribute to the album with a certain amount of security.

Any suggestions?

Nibbler

Re: Multiple consecutive access with one username and password
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 03:55:21 am »

Can't you use album passwords for this?

ianc

• Coppermine novice
Re: Multiple consecutive access with one username and password
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 04:45:43 am »

Hi Nibbler,

I've tried album passwords - what that does is restrict viewing only.

On the separate/similar thread you had suggested that before http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=35007.0 but going through the upload process there is no opportunity to submit any album password. Only a dropdown window of available albums (If the album preferences are set to allow upload and there is no password allocated to the album)

I want to provide albums that can be created by contributed photos from many users.

I've tried keywords too.

Adding a specific string in the keywords of the album, and matching it with the keyword in the image will display the image in the album, as well as the users album - and allow multiple users to do such too. The only problem is getting the user to enter the exact keyword string ( Joes_Party_at_the_lake_2_9_2006 (say)) AS WELL as being savvy enough to create their own album in the first place AND NOT choosing an inappropriate public album which displays in the dropdown instead.

If I was capable of PHP programming I think it would be an easy thing to do  ( get me !!), but before I send out an SOS on the programming board - I thought I'd try every combination...

Thanks for your help - further suggestions would be welcome.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.