Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error trying to access catmgr.php  (Read 7580 times)

Aleksandra

• Coppermine newbie
  • Darth Minion
    • Grey-Wanderer.org
500 Internal Server Error trying to access catmgr.php
« on: August 06, 2006, 12:15:41 am »

Hee. Well, this is interesting. I recently upgraded my Coppermine Photo Gallery from 1.3.5 to 1.4.8, and everything seemed to be working fine, no errors were reported in the database update (I ran the update, checked the file versions - only anycontent.php is still 1.3.5), until I tried to manage the categories. When trying to access catmgr.php, I get the following message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@daisymedia.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.55 (Red Hat) Server at www.daisymedia.net Port 80

So I started looking for more errors... and found this when accessing usermgr.php

There was an error while processing a database query.

While executing query "SELECT user_id as user_id, user_name as user_name, user_email as user_email, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(user_regdate) as user_regdate, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(user_lastvisit) as user_lastvisit, user_active as user_active, COUNT(pid) as pic_count, ROUND(SUM(total_filesize)/1024) as disk_usage, group_name, group_quota FROM `web16-gallery`.cpg135_users AS u INNER JOIN cpg135_usergroups AS g ON u.user_group = g.group_id LEFT JOIN cpg135_pictures AS p ON p.owner_id = u.user_id GROUP BY user_id ORDER BY user_regdate DESC LIMIT 0, 25;" on Resource id #5

mySQL error: The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

File: /home/sites/daisymedia.net/public_html/gallery/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 249

I believe the database query error has occurred once before, but I fixed it with 1.3.5 (can't for the life of me remember how, though - will have to search, if it is indeed the same error as before), and now it seems to be back. However the 500 Internal Server Error didn't occur before I upgraded the gallery today, I've tried reuploading the file, but nothing seems to help.

The gallery is located at http://www.daisymedia.net/gallery . Unfortunately, I cannot create a test user because I can't access the user manager. x_x This isn't the first time I've upgraded CPG, but it is the first time I've ran into problems because of upgrading. Any help much appreciated!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 11:43:03 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: 500 Internal Server Error trying to access catmgr.php
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 12:29:57 am »

Your sql error has been discussed on this board already, I think there was a solution posted. Try searching. See if renaming catmgr.php helps, it could be blocked due to the filename.

Aleksandra

• Coppermine newbie
  • Darth Minion
    • Grey-Wanderer.org
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:50:28 am »

^ Aw shoot, both problems persist. I found the solution suggested to me when I had the database query error with CPG 1.3.5 here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=30059 , which worked then. I tried to apply the same fix to the 1.4.8 usermgr.php, but no dice - the same error persists. :(

I also tried renaming catmgr.php, but it did not work - when trying to access the renamed file I still get 500 Internal Server Error. :/

Aleksandra

• Coppermine newbie
  • Darth Minion
    • Grey-Wanderer.org
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:24:11 am »

Okay, I'm poking around in the sand a little right now, and I tested catmgr.php by replacing the 1.4.8 version of it with a 1.4.3 catmgr.php on the server. Though the category table is not in proportion with my screen res, 1024x768, (probably because the file is from an older version of CPG - the table is stretched to the right - a LOT), I can now actually manage the categories, or at least access the category manager. It's not a solution, though. I wouldn't want to mix old and new CPG files like this. :( I also tested it with a 1.4.6 version of catmgr.php, which, again, resulted in a 500 Internal Server Error.

The user manager is still not working.

Any suggestions?

Aleksandra

• Coppermine newbie
  • Darth Minion
    • Grey-Wanderer.org
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 01:49:15 am »

One more update on the situation, in case it helps to find out what's going on.

Okay, I started digging in a little deeper, and found one thing which differs between the 1.4.3 and 1.4.8 catmgr.php and which seems to be causing the 500 Internal Server Error. I found this in 1.4.8 catmgr.php:

//ob_end_flush(); //commented out, as it doesn't seem to do anything particularly helpful

.... and replaced it with this, which I found in 1.4.3 catmgr.php:

ob_end_flush();

This change removed the 500 Internal Server Error, but now the category table is stretched far too much to the right. Here is a screen shot of what I mean. I switched between Classic and Water_drop - no change. In the 1.4.6 catmgr.php, which also resulted in a 500 error, the ob_end_flush(); was also commented out, which suggests that I might be onto something here, but it's just a suggestion. Additionally, the change makes the page load very slowly (though I admit I do have quite a few categories).

Aleksandra

• Coppermine newbie
  • Darth Minion
    • Grey-Wanderer.org
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 09:41:41 pm »

Help, anyone?  :(

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 10:33:49 pm »

See if the stretching is due to debug mode being enabled.

Aleksandra

• Coppermine newbie
  • Darth Minion
    • Grey-Wanderer.org
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 11:41:57 pm »

^ Oh my goodness, it works now. I turned off debug mode and the table is back to normal again. And the ob_end_flush(); change I did in catmgr.php seems to have solved the problem as well as I'm no longer experiencing the 500 Internal Server Error. Thank you! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.