Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: outdated php scripts (Coppermine.Gallery.v1.4.3)  (Read 4978 times)

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
outdated php scripts (Coppermine.Gallery.v1.4.3)
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:47:51 am »

Just today my whole domain was locked because it listed: outdated php scripts (Coppermine.Gallery.v1.4.3)

What does that mean? Do I have to update the script or pay for it? I thought it was freeware? Why waiste my time with Coppermine if it'll cause this?? Hmm...? I cant unsuspend account because it says it's locked by root? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:20:58 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: outdated php scripts (Coppermine.Gallery.v1.4.3)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 06:32:39 am »

• If you're currently running cpg1.4.3, you shouldn't have posted on the cpg1.3.x board. Confirm that you actually have cpg1.4.3, so a moderator can move this thread accordingly.
  • Coppermine is freeware.
  • The version cpg1.4.3 is outdated and has known security issues, that's why your webhost suspended your account. The most recent version currently is cpg1.4.8. Download it (for free) from the download section (link at top of this page) and upgrade as suggested in the upgrade section of the docs (link again at the top of the page)
  • Since Coppermine is free, it's your duty to frequently check for updates. If you don't want to do so, then don't use Coppermine. You're welcome to subscribe to the announcement board notification or the package reminder subscription on sf.net. No use complaining
  • In the future, do some reading before starting a rant and drawing false conclusions.

Review your attitude!

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:06:21 pm »

Sorry I apologize. My anger was actually directed at my web provider for suspending my whole account.

Yes I am using v1.4.3. sorry for posting in the wrong section. In my haste I deleted my gallery database just so I could get my site unsuspended. Maybe next time.

Keep up the great work.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 10:20:40 pm »

OK then, that's a sort of resolution that did take just as long as performing an update, only with the worst results one could think of. You should never delete anything without performing a final backup.

Moving thread accodingly and marking as "solved"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.