Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with upgrading from cpg1.3.2  (Read 6071 times)

AlcaDalca

• Coppermine newbie
Problems with upgrading from cpg1.3.2
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:29:05 am »

Hello Everyone,
I havent found a similar topic with the seach engine...yesterday i tired o upgrade from my older 1.3.2 to 1.4.8. I went through the documentation and made the described steps to upgrade my gallery. the update.php told me, that everything is fine, but im experiencing problems.

I only get the following message when i go to my domain:

Fatal error :
While executing query "SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg132_filetypes;" on 0

mySQL error: Unknown column 'player' in 'field list'

I'm not too familiar with sql syntax et cetera, but after that, i tried to manually import the old 1.3.2 database to a fresh installed 1.4.8, but I found out, that some data fields have changed in the tables.

Is there a db converting tool from 1.3.2 to 1.4.8 ? Or shall I roll back my last backup and try again? What could be wrong that the upgrade failed?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:09:40 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems with upgrading from cpg1.3.2
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 09:36:45 am »

Make sure that your mySQL user has permissions for the ALTER command. There's no particular conversion script expcept update.php (actually, update.php is the conversion script), so the question doesn't apply.

AlcaDalca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:35:34 am »

I have permission to use the ALTER command. update.php told me that everything went fine, but its seems that nothing is fine ;-) just saw that the database on the 1.3.2 installation didnt chagne much (compared to a brand-new 1.4.8. installation. When I try to run the update.sql manually, I get also an error:

UPDATE CPG_config SET value = 'ALL' WHERE name = 'allowed_img_types'

#1146 - Table '*my db-login name*.CPG_config' doesn't exist

???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 07:05:17 am »

When running the queries manually, make sure to replace CPG_ with the actual prefix of your coppermine database tables.
Don't make false assumptions: update.php doesn't tell you if the ALTER command has actually been successful, it just tells you that it tried to run the command.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:26:35 pm by GauGau »

AlcaDalca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 09:46:06 am »

Okay, now my gallery is up again, but im not sure if the update is now correctly done. I think ill make a backup here, put up the old 1.3.2 and try again, maybe some lines where dropped while the update process.

I had some errors when i manually put the update.sql in my db.

Is it possible to make a fresh 1.4.8 installation and then upload the 1.3.2 db data somehow? if i run the update.sql over the 1.3.2 db data and then upload this into the fresh 1.4.8?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 03:28:59 pm »

Upgrades are performed exactly as suggested in the docs, not the other way around. If you know your way around, you could come up with alternative methods. If not, do as suggested. You really shouldn't roll back to cpg1.3.2, but apply the update once more (it won't hurt to perform the update several times if you're not sure the first succeeded).

AlcaDalca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 09:01:58 pm »

I think I succeeded now.
I've installed a brand-new cpg148 on a different server and ran the update.sql manually over the cpg132 database, there were some errors, maybe thats why it dindt work with the update.php.
i only have to update my template now, but now the problems with the database is solved, i think.
maybe it was the harder way, but i better do it twice than experiencing problems later.

thank you very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.