Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload Error  (Read 9007 times)

flnyhog

• Coppermine newbie
Upload Error
« on: January 19, 2004, 09:50:12 pm »

When I try to upload as an administrator I get:

No picture was uploaded !

If you have really selected a picture to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

How do I check if the server allows uploads?  I've set the userpics folder to 777.  I've made all the CPG folders public.

I;m sure you've seen this 1000 times, but I couldn't find it on the boards anywhere.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Upload Error
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 10:06:17 pm »

Yes, there are about 6 or 7 threads on this topic. Please try harder when you search.

If you have truly set all permissions correctly, you can check if the server allows uploads by activating debug mode in the config panel.  At the bottom of each CPG page, you will see debug information and a link to advanced debug info.  Follow that link, and you will see a list of sever settings.  Check to see if file uploading is on and that register_globals is off.  If it is and you still cannot upload, you most likely are required to have per user tmp files.  That means you should create a /tmp directory in you root folder for your website. CHMOD to the appropriate settings and try again.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

flnyhog

• Coppermine newbie
This is what I get - no advanced DEBUG link
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 11:07:35 pm »

OK - thanks, but I turned on the DEBUG - but there's no link.  here's what I get:

If you have really selected a picture to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

File: /gallery/db_input.php - Line: 216

Debug info
USER:
Array
(
    [ID] => f0e1e451b349aa59022d51ae753b66e1
    [am] => 1
)

GET :
Array
(
)

(
    [event] => picture
    [album] => 3
    [MAX_FILE_SIZE] => 1048576
)

Page generated in 0.175 seconds - 4 queries in 0.006 seconds - Album set :

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Upload Error
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 12:12:43 am »

Then save the following with a php extension and run it:

Code: [Select]

<?php phpinfo&#40;&#41;; ?>
&quot;Then, Fletch,&quot; that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, &quot;let&#039;s begin with level flight . . . .&quot;

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

flnyhog

• Coppermine newbie
Upload Error
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 01:18:28 am »

Adding the /tmp dir helped, but now when trying to upload, IE just hangs.  The files are being added to a folder 10001 in /userpics, but they never finish.  I've got a HighSpeed conx, and I let it sit there for over 5 minutes.

flnyhog

• Coppermine newbie
Upload Error
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 01:25:36 am »

file_uploads is set to 1
register_globals is On

How do you turn off the "register_globals" and keep it off?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Upload Error
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 04:20:05 am »

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Upload Error
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 05:17:49 am »

You can turn register globals off on a per directory basisi using .htaccess files if your server is Apache.

You create a file with the following content:

php_flag register_globals off  

Then you save it under .htaccess and place it in the Coppermine directory.

Be sure to test the system with small images (100x100 pixels, 10-20 KB) to be sure that this is still the same problem and not a script timeout (which could occur with large images).
&quot;Then, Fletch,&quot; that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, &quot;let&#039;s begin with level flight . . . .&quot;

flnyhog

• Coppermine newbie
Upload Error
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 05:18:09 am »

man - that's way too much info.  I'm new to PHP.  In layman's simplistic terms, what's the best way to turn this off?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Upload Error
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2004, 05:44:47 am »

• start your editor - if you're on windows, click "start" - "run" - type "notepad.exe" (without the quotes) and hit "OK"
  • copy the follwoing code and paste it into the editor window:
    php_flag register_globals off
  • click "File" - "Save as" and navigate to your coppermine folder on your hard drive and save the file as ".htaccess"
  • In Windows Explorer, navigate to your coppermine folder and check that the filename truly is ".htaccess" (it must not be ".htaccess.txt") - having the correct filename is important!!!
  • upload this newly created .htaccess-file with your ftp program to your webserver, into the coppermine directory
Having little php knowledge is OK, but there's no such thing as a "layman": you'll have to get used to the technical terms or you shouldn't run a website that is php-enabled and uses some powerfull scripting tool like coppermine. If you're afraid to learn you should go for less imo...

GauGau
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 08:26:19 am by GauGau »

flnyhog

• Coppermine newbie
Upload Error
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2004, 02:34:52 pm »

OK - I'm not a "layman" - but I am a PHP newbie.  I guess I don't give myself enough credit.  Anyway...

I was able to create the .htaccess, but my host will not accept files beginning with a "." when I try to FTP it (Yahoo webhosting).  Any suggestions?

Things seem to be getting worse.  Now I cannot logout of the administration panel, nor can I switch between the admin and user modes.  Any ideas?

GauGau - thanks for all your help and understanding with a newbie.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Upload Error
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2004, 06:20:37 pm »

the benefits of budget/free webhosting :lol: - I guess you'll have to live without this feature...

Login in/out: close your browser, delete all cookies on your hard drive (at least the ones from your site :wink: ) and try again - sounds like a cookie issue to me... To tell you more, a link and test user account would be helpful!

GauGau

P.S. One question/topic per thread only!

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Upload Error
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2004, 07:30:17 pm »

Had you searched these boards for Yahoo, or asked Yahoo, you would have found that the manual addition of the /tmp directory is necessary for any file uploading activity on that host.  Ask Yahoo to configure your account with register globals off.  Then test.  If it fails, delete the CPG istallation, the database tables, and the cookies from your browser.  Then re-install. I assure you we have many users who have CPG hosted on Yahoo.

SeanGodfrey

• Coppermine novice
Re: Upload Error
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 06:01:17 am »

Ok, I'm back with another problem.

I'm having this same problem, but I wan't earlier today. I was able to upload pics and videos topday, now I get that "No Picture Was Uploaded" error.

I tried the methods your listed and the upload was on and the globals is off.

I made a tmp file and chmod'ed it and still nothing.

The site is:
http://gallery.beltmarks.com

Why would it jump from being able to earlier then not to all of a sudden?

Thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated!
Sean

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 08:26:31 am »

post a test user account with upload permissions...

GauGau

SeanGodfrey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2004, 08:47:26 am »

ok,

Url: http://gallery.beltmarks.com
Username & Password: test

If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks again,
Sean

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2004, 09:02:27 am »

I can confirm uploads won't work with known-good small jpeg files.
What's the max size for uploads set to in coppermine config? Does your webhost actually allow http uploads (in other words: did this ever work)? Please post some details (screenshot might help) on your coppermine config.

GauGau
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 09:58:58 am by GauGau »

SeanGodfrey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 09:49:48 am »

My host does allow this and I've had other programs (4images) that has worked.

Here is a screen cap of the Config. Sorry about the lines, I used an old version of Hypersnap that couldn't snap the whole page:

http://beltmarks.com/capp1.jpg

Hope it helps,
Sean

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2004, 10:01:09 am »

hm, turn on debug mode (at the very bottom in coppermine config) and try to upload once again - post the extra debug output on the error page - maybe this will give us a clue.

GauGau

SeanGodfrey

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2004, 10:10:59 am »

Ok, after turning on the debug mode, I got these messages on the main page:

Notice: Undefined variable: row in /home/belts/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined variable: pic_title in /home/belts/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined variable: row in /home/belts/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined variable: pic_title in /home/belts/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined variable: row in /home/belts/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 490

Notice: Undefined variable: pic_title in /home/belts/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 490

Are these normal?

Anyways, here is the error and debug info:

File: /home/belts/public_html/gallery/db_input.php - Line: 197

Debug info 

USER:
Array
(
    [ID] => 3c59fe89a1d3f576149381d1ced24826
    [am] => 1
    [liv] => Array
        (

• => 1
  • [1] => 20
                [2] => 5
            )

)

GET :
    Array
    (
    )

(

[event] => picture
    [album] => 171
    [MAX_FILE_SIZE] => 104857600
    [title] => wew
    [width] =>
    [height] =>
    [caption] => wew
    [keywords] => wew
    [user1] =>
    [user2] =>
    [user3] =>
    [user4] =>
)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.