Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: TagBlitz 1.0 (stable) - Linking suite (HTML, bbCode, tags, social bookmarking)  (Read 89366 times)

MatthewSchenker

• Coppermine novice

Hello,
I like the idea behind this plugin.  Can someone tell me, is it fully tested and ready for use?  I mean, are all the bugs worked out?
Thanks!

thejake420

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Jakes Jokes - the largest joke site on the web
    • Jakes Jokes

...are all the bugs worked out?

Heh... you must be new to computers. There's no such thing as "all the bugs are worked out".  ::)

But generally speaking, yes... this plugin has been running live in both formats ("button" version and "text link" version) on many large websites for quite a while with no apparent issues.

Examples: (Both pages are safe for work as of the time of this posting)
http://www.jakesjokes.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-9473 (button version)
http://theboutons.com/membergallery/displayimage.php?pos=-141 (text link version)

Oh, and I may update it at some point (at least to "pretty it up" a bit more), but for now it's staying pretty much how it is.

Jake

MatthewSchenker

• Coppermine novice

Jake,
Thanks for the update!  I tried your plugin and it's great.  Actually, you provide too many options!

I run a woodworking forum which is bridged to Coppermine.  I want an easy way for members to go into the gallery and get the URL of the image for inline graphic references.

With your plugin, is it possible to turn on the option for grabbing the URL but leave the other things off?

Thank you for your help.

chowland

• Coppermine newbie

First off, I love coppermine. I'm normally a asp person, but it looks like I'll be learning a new language. Secondly, This plugin is awesome. I've been looking for an asp script that had the coppermine features with this plugin but none excists.

The only request on this plugin I would make is not having the general public be able to see the linking codes, only to be seen with members on up to admin. Is there some easy code I could put on the page that would say:
if login=1 show plugin
else
whatever.

Understand what I'm asking?? Like I said, I'm new to php but willing to learn it.
Thanks and  also thanks for an awesome plugin.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

then the code you need is
Code: [Select]
if (USER_ID) {
//here the code that should be displayed if a user is logged in
}

thejake420

• Contributor
    • Jakes Jokes

With your plugin, is it possible to turn on the option for grabbing the URL but leave the other things off?

Not directly, but you should be able to simply "comment out" everything except the "Permanenet URL" section, and then copy and paste it so that it appears in the other section of code (ie - the part that shows on initial page load, not the part AFTER they have to click the "Linking Codes" link.)

As with any code modification experiment, you'll want to make a backup of your TagBlitz plugin folder prior to messing with the code... That way you can easily delete your modifications and reinstall the original version if you run into any major problems like your page suddenly looking wacky, etc.

PS - I'm almost positive there's another simpler mod or plugin for this request, though I can't seem to find it for some reason. (I seem to remember using another mod as the conceptual basis for this one.)

Jake

MatthewSchenker

• Coppermine novice

Not directly, but you should be able to simply "comment out" everything except the "Permanenet URL" section, and then copy and paste it so that it appears in the other section of code (ie - the part that shows on initial page load, not the part AFTER they have to click the "Linking Codes" link.)

As with any code modification experiment, you'll want to make a backup of your TagBlitz plugin folder prior to messing with the code... That way you can easily delete your modifications and reinstall the original version if you run into any major problems like your page suddenly looking wacky, etc.

PS - I'm almost positive there's another simpler mod or plugin for this request, though I can't seem to find it for some reason. (I seem to remember using another mod as the conceptual basis for this one.)

Jake

Jake,
Thank you for being so helpful and friendly!  I really like the functions of your plug-in.  If you remember what that other plug-in was (the one that displays the URL only) please let me know.  I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

thejake420

• Contributor
    • Jakes Jokes

Ok, as per your PM, you're probably looking for the "Forum code" section. If you comment out the other parts, you'll be left with just BBcode, which should give your forum members the ability to display the picture (or thumbnail anyway) within a forum.

Jake

MatthewSchenker

• Coppermine novice

Jake,
Thanks for the reminder.  I was getting too many PMs these past couple of days and confused myself!

thejake420

• Contributor
    • Jakes Jokes

As I'm not entirely sure exaactly what you're looking for, you might want to try this mod instead...
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=44544.0

It gives the direct file URL, not the Coppermine page. So if you want to allow people to use the images themselves in the forum (ie - show your picture of a cat in a thread about cats, etc.) then this other mod might better suit your needs than TagBlitz.

Jake

eka

Hi guys,

Thank you for the plug-in. It worked.

However, there seem to be a problem - it appears tp interfere with the captcha feature.
See:  http://www.photograffs.com/displayimage.php?pos=-1484

what do I need to do to correct the problem.
I'm no good at PHP.

thanks.

genti555

• Coppermine newbie

Hi guys,

Thank you for the plug-in. It worked.

However, there seem to be a problem - it appears tp interfere with the captcha feature.
See:  http://www.photograffs.com/displayimage.php?pos=-1484

what do I need to do to correct the problem.
I'm no good at PHP.

thanks.

I think i have the same problem. Captcha is not showing if you have tag blitz plugin installed.
anybody tried?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.