Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't change album permission...  (Read 4916 times)

engine-v

• Coppermine newbie
Can't change album permission...
« on: May 21, 2006, 03:44:30 pm »

Hi to all

A new user has registered to the gallery and by mistake instead set his album 'Album can be viewed by : everybody' he set the permission to 'me only' and as a result the photos cannot be viewed by everyone.

when I am trying to change the propeties of his album to 'Album can be viewed by : everybody' from the album properties it retain me message says
'No update needed. ' and it is not chanched

Is it possible to  changed it manualy from the database and how (in which table I chancge what?) any other ideas?

Thank you in advanced!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 05:07:44 am by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't change album permission...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 03:51:21 pm »

remove album password

engine-v

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 04:05:38 pm »

Thank you very much! It is solved!!

Now the user has to reset a new password? in order to do that I suppose that he can loggin with an blank password?

How I can view the users emails so that I can have the in my mailing list?

Thank you again

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 04:13:41 pm »

simply enter admin mode
then
click on users from the admin options
then
click on the button that looks like 'e' for the user you want check out
thats all  ;)
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

engine-v

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 04:16:53 pm »

Thanks for the reply!!

The album is not mine so I want from the meber to change his password own his own. The think that I ased is if know his password have changed and if yes if it is blank{(empty)

I am asking that because I wan tto send him an email how he can loggin and set a new password

PS: from the 'e' menu I cannot c his email... ???

Vargha

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Persian Soldier
    • Rangarang
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 04:20:52 pm »

can you make it more clear
is this what you want?
you want to reset his password and send him an email and tell him to login with the old password or something
can you explain again please
Haalaa Boro Ye Chayi Vasam Dorost Kon Ta Man Ye Fekri Be Halet Bokonam ;) Ye Hendooneye Shotoriham Biyar Bizahmat :)
Visit My Site www.Rangarang.co.nr
Check Out My Gallery
www.Rangarang.co.nr/buddies
(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg157.imageshack.us%2Fimg157%2F838%2Frangarang4xn.jpg&hash=48b4c3087515cafe09fc6d3f7ee19dce86328d8e)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 08:27:49 pm »

guys, you both got this wrong: I recommended to reset the album password the user must have set up in error. If you set up password protection for albums by specifying an album password, the dropdown changes to "me only" no matter what unless you remove the album password again. I did not suggest to reset the password the user logs on with to coppermine. If you reset the users's password that correlates to his user account, you'll have to notify him by email that you reset his password by mistake and send him the new password you assigned for him when resetting it.
If you need help on the core functionality of coppermine (like resetting user passwords or how album password protection works), you should read this up in the documentation that comes with coppermine.

engine-v

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 11:12:26 pm »

guys, you both got this wrong: I recommended to reset the album password the user must have set up in error. If you set up password protection for albums by specifying an album password, the dropdown changes to "me only" no matter what unless you remove the album password again. I did not suggest to reset the password the user logs on with to coppermine. If you reset the users's password that correlates to his user account, you'll have to notify him by email that you reset his password by mistake and send him the new password you assigned for him when resetting it.
If you need help on the core functionality of coppermine (like resetting user passwords or how album password protection works), you should read this up in the documentation that comes with coppermine.

Thank you guys very much!!! I am OK now , I hjust misunderstood something...
Thank you again for the help!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.