Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removed MINICMS and LOST ALL ACCOUNT of REGISTERED Users  (Read 5264 times)

severeidaho

• Coppermine regular visitor
Removed MINICMS and LOST ALL ACCOUNT of REGISTERED Users
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:48:16 am »

Quite weird actually and Not a huge deal.  I installed MiniCms,  didnt understand then Uninstalled it.  I didnt notice till someone contacted me and said they cant see the private album anymore.  I checked The "Users" and didnt see them and I also checked my groups which I added two extra groups and they too were gone except for the default Groups, and USERS which was me. 

My question is=

1.  Should I worry about installing plugins cause when I uninstall them they Can possibly damage important info.   Whats strange to me Is I figured when one registers it will be saved in my database.  Hopefully there is a solution to my problem.  It was only about 3 users (gallery still new) that I lost and told them just to re-register. 

p/s-  This is not urgent,  Hopefully my info will save someone who has hundreds of registered users and doesnt want to have them re-register. 

Sincerely:  Gerrit
www.severeidaho.com/gallery
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:23:18 am by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Removed MINICMS and LOST ALL ACCOUNT of REGISTERED Users
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:58:49 am »

Support for MiniCMS is on the appropriate board of CPG-Contrib: http://cpg-contrib.org/board/.

Plugins are user contributions to extend Coppermine's capabilities and are not tested by the dev team.  They are intended to add-on without affecting Coppermine adversely, but we cannot guarantee that they do not.  Even if a plugin is written by a dev team member, it is still a user contribution by that member and should be considered another piece of code which might have bugs in it.  In the development of plugins, hopefully they become more stable and less intrusive when uninstalling them.

(This is a general statement as I have not confirmed this issue in MiniCMS.)

severeidaho

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 03:16:05 am »

I have posted the topic on the correct forum,  Feel free to lock/delete this....

Thank you...

-gerrit

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 03:22:50 am »

We don't delete threads.  In this case, it might be useful for others to remember where to properly post support questions.  Might as well learn from other's (minor) mistakes.   8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.