Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to post  (Read 82503 times)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Unable to post
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 11:32:12 pm »

Huh, it worked.  For some reason, Coppermine phpMyAdmin works for exporting tables in IE 6.0, but not in Firefox 1.5.0.2.  Modifying records doesn't work in either IE or Firefox.  I mentioned the adding one field versus two fields difference above.  I wonder if it has to do with the amount of traffic.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 11:35:01 pm »

A Quick Reply with a long message does NOT work.  Only short messages seem to work.  A regular reply or a post modify does not work in any case, no matter how long the message.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 11:57:21 pm »

This is bizarre.  Something between my desktop and laptop computer is different (on the *same* network), and I'm assuming this is coupled with a server issue that only is an issue for some people.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 12:06:15 am »

It has something to do with traffic.  On FTP, I can upload a file under 1-2 kB, but nothing larger.  I think the traffic sent by the forms in phpMyAdmin will probably correspond to something similar.  I wonder if Regular Reply sends along extra info which makes it too large compared to Quick Reply.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 06:08:36 am »

Might as well try the "Quick Reply" from the "non-working" computer.  If you can see this, it obviously worked.
I tried it and it wouldn't post. :(

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 07:03:52 am »

Thu: I tried it because I thought you said Quick Reply worked from the non-working computer.  In any case, it does work for me (this post came from the non-working computer).

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 07:17:45 am »

No... Quick Reply worked for the working computer. It's just that only Quick Reply works. If I go to the preview/edit page (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=post2), I can't submit there. On the non-working computer, neither method works.

I don't use my work (non-working) laptop much, so I don't think I did anything to settings or anything. The only thing I could think of was there was a Windows Update, though I didn't get notified of anything done on the laptop. My personal laptop might have been updated, also, but my only clue of that was that my laptop got rebooted by itself. I am able to post from my personal laptop with either method.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 08:49:13 am »

Heh.  Let's rename.  "Semi-working" means Quick Reply only.  In that case, my desktop is "semi-working", my laptop is "fully working".  I don't have a "non-working" computer.  I suspected a Windows Update as well, but I updated the laptop and it still works.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2006, 08:52:34 am »

W2K seems not to be affected at all. Anyway, I'll update asap.

energy0m

• Coppermine newbie
  • saving the world one byte at a time
cant post to cpmfetch thread
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2006, 04:52:06 am »

for soem reason it keeps timing out when i try to post to the cpmfetch thread ... 

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2006, 07:06:18 am »

I think this thread should be made super sticky or global announcement for few days untill this issue is resoloved as many users are creating new threads with "unable to post..." "test" etc..
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

flux

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • CPG Remote Hack Demo
plugins & themes, are there any rules to follow ?
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2006, 12:16:34 am »

lo,

this is a test message i'll edit later as i haven't been able to post for the past three days..

.flux

flux

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • CPG Remote Hack Demo
Re: plugins & themes, are there any rules to follow ?
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 12:42:00 am »

i can't seem to post any "long" messages at all, is there a problem with the forum ?

casNuy

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 04:02:37 pm »

had the same problem, using the Quote function it worked again.

Cas

Nibbler

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »

Long posts work for me, FF1.5 + FC5

jmac

• Coppermine newbie
  • Peace on you...
    • Liquid Purple
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2006, 08:40:56 pm »

I wanted to update my post in the bridge forum, but it wont let me.  This is a test post.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2006, 10:05:44 pm »

If you can't update your post, you'll need to create a new post.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 12:55:15 am »

I wanted to update my post in the bridge forum, but it wont let me.  This is a test post.
don't edit your postings, but reply to them - makes your thread more consistent, forum issues or not.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 02:38:21 am »

Thu: In case it was hidden in my long post, I find that uploading (using FTP) to coppermine-gallery.net only works for files smaller than around 1500 bytes.  (I have been able to upload files up to 1440 bytes, but a file at 1515 bytes stalled.)  I think I remember reading on the dev board that you have FTP access.  If you do, would you try to upload using FTP on the non-working (or semi-working) computer?  Try a small file and try a large file.  I'm curious if you see the same issue.

On my laptop, everything works.  Both computers are behind the same home-LAN and both run Windows XP with the same software.  One strange thing is that on the laptop, I get an error when I try to go to Microsoft Update.  On the desktop, I don't.  There was a Windows fix around the time this started and I think both computers were both updated, but I cannot check on the laptop since I cannot load the Microsoft Update webpage.

Except for Abbas, everyone who has the problem and has mentioned their operating system is using Windows XP, correct?  If Abbas' problem is the same, then I guess it's not an OS issue, but it's not clear that it is the same problem.

I'll check if I can roll-back the last Windows update on the semi-working computer.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 04:23:09 am »

The last Windows Update was on April 27th which is 2 days after this problem started (at least for me).  Before that, it's April 12th, and I'm sure things were fine after this date.  I tried rolling back the April 27th update anyways (even though it's applied on both the working and non-working computers) - the problem still exists.

I have the same problem (no post, no FTP upload, no MySQL updates) on my wife's desktop computer.  So the only working computer I have is my laptop.  I'm afraid to break it, but I might have to in order to find the culprit.

I can FTP & SCP fine to other servers (on the non-working computer); it's just coppermine-gallery.net where I have the problem.

I figured out a work-around for the FTP upload problem (on the non-working computer).  Using SmartFTP 2.0.996, I can upload large files using Active Mode (PORT).  When I initiate an upload, it seems to stall for about 10 seconds, then it transfers the file fine.  Using SmartFTP 1.0, I cannot connect using Active Mode, and for most FTP sites, I cannot use Active Mode either.  Passive mode (PASV) is usually what I use to connect and this works fine on the working computer.  I have a router for my home-LAN, so using Passive mode makes sense, as far as I understand how Passive mode works.  Maybe SmartFTP has some sort of mumbo-jumbo it uses to get Active mode working in version 2.  In version 1, it tries to use an "ip-repeater" through SmartFTP's server when using Active mode (it fails though).  In version 2, I don't see this "ip-repeater", but the pause of 10 seconds makes me think something is going on behind the scenes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.