Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to post  (Read 82484 times)

DJDarknez

• Coppermine newbie
Unable to post
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:15:19 pm »

this is a test post because posting in the support fourms isn't working for me

it's kind of annoying, since my uploads arn't uploading

so, i'm testing right now to see if it's my computer or this board....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:46:47 pm by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: test post
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:48:18 pm »

where did you try to post

DJDarknez

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:10:33 pm »

1.3.x support.  I enter what I need to enter, click post, but it just hangs.  Wait long enough and a generic "page cannot be found" error comes up.

DJDarknez

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:04:34 pm »

Nevermind.  I went ahead and uploaded the latest version, got it going.

tester

• Coppermine newbie
  • personal text
Testing as regular user
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:08:17 pm »

This thread has been started in
coppermine-gallery.net  |  Support  |  cpg1.3.x Support
as a reply / answer to http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=30814.0, using a regular test user account.
test

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:09:46 pm »

I just started a new thread on the cpg1.3.x support board, using a regular (non-privileged) test user account. Worked fine. My guess is that it's something on your end. Merging the new thread I started independently from this one.

Marking as "invalid".

tom123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 10:37:32 pm »

I'm actually having the same problem with not being able to post but in the  cpg1.4.x support section. I've tried two different pc's and even different browsers, all with the same result of the post locking up.

tom123

• Coppermine newbie
Unable to post
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 10:48:19 pm »

I'm actually having the same problem as several others with not being able to post. I've tried in the cpg1.4.x support section under both bridging/integration as well as upgrading. I've tried two different pc's and even different browsers, all with the same result of the post locking up. The post and topic count on that forum both read 0 if that is of any help with someone trying to troubleshoot the support board.

gaugau_test_user

• Coppermine newbie
yet another test user thread
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 07:28:33 am »

started this thread with a newly created test user account using IE6 on w2k
coppermine-gallery.net  |  Support  |  cpg1.4.x Support  |  cpg1.4 (BBS) integration / bridging

gaugau_test_user

• Coppermine newbie
another new test thread
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 07:31:06 am »

started a new thread using a newly created test user account on Opera7.54
coppermine-gallery.net  |  Support  |  cpg1.3.x Support  |  cpg1.3 Upload  |  Start new topic

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Unable to post
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 07:36:44 am »

as I said before: this must be something on your end - see the previous two postings that I started using a newly created test user account with two different browsers on two sub-boards that you reported not to work for you. I merged those two new threads with this one.
There's little point in replying to this thread saying "doesn't work for me". Post screenshots and client details if you want to help to fix those issues (although I doubt that those are issues, as many other users have been abke to start new threads since you reported having problems).

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 08:05:26 am »

I wasn't able to post for two days on my work laptop... it would say Connection Refused or something like that. I was able to read threads but couldn't post in them. I tried tonight on my personal laptop and it worked. I'll check tomorrow on my work desktop.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 09:22:39 am »

I wasn't able to find similar error messages on the smf support board. If this happens again for you, could you post the actual error message please?

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 10:17:57 am »

Sorry....just to make all this more complex, here is my problem. When i try to modify any post and click Save button, the browser just keeps loading and after few mins the page redraws with no error messages.  Although i am able to post a new reply to an existing thread with no problems. Haven't tried creating a new thread altogether.

I am on Fedora Core 2 with Mozilla 1.7.2.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 04:17:50 pm »

Weird.  I'm at home.  I just figured out I can post from my laptop, but I cannot post from my desk computer.  In my case, I could not post to this existing thread.  The following message was what I was trying to post before I noticed today that people had different issues with different computers.  I will see if I can figure this out since I have both computers in the same house!

I've been trying to reply to this thread for the last 24 hours but haven't been able to.  I can read it fine.  I'm using FireFox 1.5.0.2 on Windows XP (for the forum & phpMyAdmin problems), SmartFTP 1.0.974 for the FTP problems.  The same thing happens in IE 6.0 as far as I can tell.

I've been having the same problem during the last 48 hours.  At the same time that I cannot post on the forums (as mentioned in the first post of this thread - it keeps waiting on my end until timing-out with 'Cannot find Server' or 'The Connection was Reset'), I cannot upload to the Coppermine FTP server or write to the MySQL database (plus I cannot private message here as well).  I can read for all fine, and I see all the forms fine too.  I just cannot do write-like operations in all 3 places (forum, FTP, MySQL database).  Most of the time it's like this.  Only 2 times in the last 48 hours, things "snapped" back to normal and I could do all 3.  Yesterday morning, it wasn't working, then started working - it was fine for about 20 minutes, then went back to not working.

The one read-like operation that doesn't work at the same time is exporting a table from the database.  I use that page to check if things are working or not because trying to redo a post on the forums is difficult.  When submitting a post, if I hit STOP, hitting the POST button again does not work (maybe it's a Firefox thing with forms) - I have to go back to the original thread, then hit REPLY and retype (or paste) my post to try again.  When I can export the table in phpMyAdmin, I know things are working and can FTP, post, etc.

For FTP when I try to upload a file, it adds a 0-byte file with the same name, then my client waits, with a eventual "Server Timeout" message.  When things are working, I do the same thing and everything works.  I can download files fine on the FTP server when I have the upload problems.

For MySQL, it's strange because I can do one write-like operation which is add one field to a table.  But when I try to add two, I cannot.  Modifying records and exporting tables doesn't work as mentioned before.  This is all through phpMyAdmin.

I turned off all the firewall-type things on my end, rebooted, etc, with no change.  It might be on my end, but seeing another person having the same problem makes me wonder.

Test.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 04:39:20 pm by Paver »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 06:50:19 pm »

When i try to modify any post and click Save button, the browser just keeps loading and after few mins the page redraws with no error messages. 

I am on Fedora Core 2 with Mozilla 1.7.2.
Same here. I could not modify posts, like when I wanted to add the Solved tag.

My work laptop is using WinXp with Firefox 1.5.0.2 (I think it's the latest, if not, it's one version before).

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 10:13:40 pm »

I tried again to post from work laptop and I got
"Problem loading page error"

The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading

The laptop is indeed using the latest version, 1.5.0.2, which my home laptop has, too.

I am able to post from work desktop using KDE linux, FF 1.5

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 10:14:49 pm »

It seems I can reply if I enter the reply in the Quick Reply box. When I submit from the preview page, the page kept trying to load for a few minutes, and I got a blank page.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 10:16:24 pm »

To clarify the above post. I was referring to my desktop. I couldn't edit the post itself because it would require going into the preview page.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 11:05:02 pm »

Might as well try the "Quick Reply" from the "non-working" computer.  If you can see this, it obviously worked.
Also, I have the same "Preview" problem, but I get the same error if I just hit "Post" without hitting Preview first.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.