Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with members logging in through AOL  (Read 2978 times)

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
Issues with members logging in through AOL
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:17:59 am »

I have some users complaining about login problems when accessed through AOL.  Member enters username and pass, then is returned right back to the login screen.  I have confirmed this myself...any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Issues with members logging in through AOL
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 07:13:35 am »

unable to replicate, as I don't use AOL. Are they using AOL to access the internet only or are they using a browser provided by AOL? If yes, which version. Are they using some pseudo-security app (similar to "Norton Internet Security") that cripples the browsers ability to handle cookies properly. Finally, post a link to your page and a non-admin test user account.
Please don't get me wrong, but I have my reservations on reports from AOL users: AOL users usually are complete newbies (that why they use AOL, as AOL makes it very simple to get started), so their reports may be related to them doing something wrong (e.g. paranoid cookie privacy settings in IE).

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 02:55:18 am »

Sorry it took long to reply....been very busy.

The users accessing through AOL are as you suspected, clueless.  I walked them through some troubleshooting and also tested with my own AOL account (kids use).  This issue is definately with AOL (browsing within btw, IE works fine when used along side an AOL connex), there are no other apps that will cause this issue on my box or thiers.  I tired using different themes, issue doesn't go away. You can go here to check it out www.thefabhouse.com/gallery Login: test Pass: test_1.  There is only one gallery available under the permissions of the test user.   I would imagine anyone using AOL will have this issue..I've used all updates for CPG so far, no modifed files except for a couple stylesheets.  AOL 9.0 btw.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 08:36:36 am »

OK, that's what I expected. I'm pretty sure that the AOL browser has some cookie privacy setup options, as far as I know they use a branded version of IE6 as AOL browser. Please check the settings there. Please try to replicate this by accessing another coppermine-driven gallery using your AOL browser (find some galleries and test user accounts by checking the threads marked as solved in the upload sub-board, as we usually ask for test user accounts there).
I don't think that this is a general coppermine issue, as I have never heard reports of such an issue before, but let's see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.