Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add to favorites does not work well  (Read 15978 times)

tom

• Coppermine newbie
Add to favorites does not work well
« on: January 11, 2004, 12:13:04 am »

I use fruity theme and have a Rehat 9 -System with Mozilla-Browser. I treid already several times to add a photo to the favorite list of my user (registered but not Admin).

When I click on the "add to fav"-Link it takes unusally long and in most cases the photo was not added to the favorite list. As of now I was only able to add one photo to the list.

I was also wondering why not-registered users can see the "add-to-fav"-Link and the Favorites-Navigation-Item in the main menu. Isn't favorites a list of personal favorites from one user ?

Since I am a CPG-newcomer I apprciate any help as well as links to this problem which I might have overlooked in my forum search.

Tom

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 12:52:22 am »

Coppermine's favorites aren't stored in a database on the server, but only locally on the client pc (with a cookie) - that's why everybody can have them, and that's why you can't put pics into other user's favorite list, unless they use the same machine and login as you do. If favorites don't work for you, the cookie management of your browser or your coppermine cookie settings in general are to blame.

Hope this clarifies it a bit.

GauGau

tom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 01:18:50 am »

thanks - of course that explains a lot - I just looked at the cookie (mozilla is great in that). I frist saw, that the favorites are valid for 30 days. Can I change this to one year ?

And what does that code in the cookie tell me ? I mean how does CPG match the code in the cookie with the pictures ?

Tom

... you are also up late ;-) seems to be common with programmers ...

TheKog

• Coppermine novice
Re: Add to favorites does not work well
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 01:05:29 am »

I would like to use this same "mod" for audio files -- we have an album of podcasts and those that want to download need a link. I went and took a peek at displayimage.php but the code is dramatically different than in 1.3 -- can someone give me a clue where to look to insert the code to add a download link?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Add to favorites does not work well
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 01:12:55 am »

There is no support for v 1.2. Post in the board that matches your version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.