Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Batch adding" and "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video"  (Read 4477 times)

xsportseeker

• Coppermine novice
    • Aoi Sora Forum

Don't know if this is a bug, a problem that is happening on my gallery, or maybe even a feature request.

Something I noted on the first time doing a batch upload.
I've changed the "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" on "Files and Thumbnails settings" in config menu from 300 to 600.
It's way better to view flash files. :D

Problem is, when I use batch upload, for some reason, the intermediate size is still 300.
I could fix this by entering Admin Tools and Updating "only resized pictures". There were some errors, but after some tries, I think everything worked out.

I'm reporting here first just in case it's a bug of some kind. If it isn't, then I'll re-post it on the request feature section, or if it's not too much a bother, admin or mod could move this topic there. :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 02:17:50 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

flash files don't get resized, so the setting you played with doesn't affect flash files.

xsportseeker

• Coppermine novice
    • Aoi Sora Forum

My bad... it's not that they get resized, but the size of the frame they are shown on viewimage.php does.
So, instead of playing on a "600 x something" window like flash files that were uploaded normally do(as I have previously configured), they are showing on a 300 x something windows (which is the original configuration).

Like I said, this gets corrected if I use the update command on Admin tools... :D

Sorry if I'm a little too hard to understand, english is my second language. XD

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Sorry if I'm a little too hard to understand, english is my second language. XD
English is my second language as well, so the language issue applies for both of us ;).

Drawback of Coppermine technology: the webserver can't determine the actual size of the flash files, so it defaults to something unless you specify the actual size. In fact it's mandatory to specify the dimensions of each flash file (or rather: every movie file) if you want it to display properly - see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#edit_vids

xsportseeker

• Coppermine novice
    • Aoi Sora Forum

Understood.
It's not something that can be accomplished them... anyways, I suggested a modification that might help on this issue. But now I don't know if it's possible to do it... :P
Anyways, thanks for the help and understanding GauGau... proabaly the first time I ever had such a fast and comprehensive help on software issues... :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.