Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: preexisting normal_ filenames  (Read 3161 times)

rockhopper

• Coppermine newbie
preexisting normal_ filenames
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:02:05 am »

I did a search and couldn't find an aswer, so I hope I am not repeating anything.  I have recently upgraded from a much older version of CPG.

On my previous gallery, I was using intermediate images only and deleting the full sized images.  Leaving me with many albums, with the photos having file names of "normal_imagename.jpg".

Now that I have upgraded CPG doesn't seem to be looking for an intermediate image, but simply "imagename.jpg".  Is there a setting I am missing or something?  Is there a way to fix this short of renaming a couple thousand pictures?

The thumbs appear fine once you click on it the page is looking for "imagename.jpg".  So the viewer just gets a red X.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:23:38 am by GauGau »

rockhopper

• Coppermine newbie
Re: preexisting normal_ filenames
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:33:49 am »

ok by screwing around with things I think I have solved my problem of not having the original images.

I only have images titled normal_imagename.jpg, because on a previous version of the board I removed the full sized images.

So I go to admin tools and select "Delete original size photos"  and select a gallery.

Now I know what you are saying, "rocky, you don't have the original size photos", and you are correct.

The page locks up and gives this message:

"Deleting originals and replacing them with resized images, please wait.."

it couldn't find the original image hence the lock up, but it does change your file name from normal_imagename.jpg to imagename.jpg.  Effectively making your resized images from your old board the filename your upgraded board is looking for and solving the problem.

hope this helps someone, thanks for the great open source gallery. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.