Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error after upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3...  (Read 4107 times)

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Fatal Error after upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3...
« on: March 12, 2006, 01:37:12 am »

I have previously upgraded other galleries of mine from 1.3 to 1.4.x successfully... I have one gallery that was still on 1.2.1 - trying to bring it to 1.4.3 (then all to 1.4.4 as recommended...)

Set gallery to classic theme to eliminate any custom theme issues.
Ran upgrade steps as documented in the package.

versioncheck.php fails with:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pageheader() in /home/skymasters/www/testweb/cpgupg/versioncheck.php on line 183"
main gallery page (index.php) fails with:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_meta_album_set() in /home/skymasters/www/testweb/cpgupg/index.php on line 748"

Manually turned on debug mode via PHP_MyAdmin as I saw suggested in another post...
No change to index.php, but version check.php produced many more messages starting with:
  Notice: Undefined index: optional_files in /home/skymasters/www/testweb/cpgupg/versioncheck.php on line 28
  Notice: Undefined index: mandatory_files in /home/skymasters/www/testweb/cpgupg/versioncheck.php on line 29
  Notice: Undefined index: file_versions in /home/skymasters/www/testweb/cpgupg/versioncheck.php on line 30
  Notice: Undefined index: webcvs in /home/skymasters/www/testweb/cpgupg/versioncheck.php on line 31

The update script seemed very short for the number of versions skipped...

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Live gallery is http://gallery.skymasters.org
Testing on a copy in a test webserver environment.

Thanks!
Greg
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:09:08 pm by GauGau »
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Fatal Error after upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 02:13:50 am »

I would verify you uploaded all of the upgrade files.  Normally if a function can't be found, a file or files is/are missing.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

gmc

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • GMC Design Photo Gallery
Re: Fatal Error after upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:41:48 am »

I would verify you uploaded all of the upgrade files.  Normally if a function can't be found, a file or files is/are missing.

OK... thanks for the input... Actually had two different problems...

FTP settings were set to not replace newer files with older when copying directories... Since I created the test copy to upgrade first - it had a newer timestamp than the source files I had unzipped...  (ah well - wouldn't have happened on the production copy... the downside of testing... lol)
A manual compare of files (since versioncheck wouldn't run) showed backlevel members in the include and sql directories (and others).  Reset the 'safety net' option to do what I told it to instead of trying to help me... and reran the FTP upload...

Then when upgrading production - received Fatal Error messages with no details on both versioncheck.php and index.php.  Turned on debug again via MyPHPAdmin, and found columns missing in multiple tables... (one at a time... till the bell went off...)  update.php had reported the alter commands as already done... My cpg id in MySQL didn't have ALTER in production... the dialog 'thought' the updates were already done - rather than reporting a security error...  (possibly an improvement to update script in future?  to tell the difference on rejected SQL - whether already done or failed...)

Upgrade complete.  Now to upgrade all my galleries to 1.4.4...  tomorrow...
Good night...
Greg
Thanks!
Greg
My Coppermine Gallery
Need a web hosting account? See my gallery for an offer for CPG Forum users.
Send me money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.