Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Wildcards  (Read 8710 times)

kickme21

• Coppermine newbie
Search Wildcards
« on: March 06, 2006, 04:36:17 pm »

I want to be able to search for photos that were added over a certian data over the whole bord but not put it down to a spacific name.  Is there anyway of modding the search script to search for a data range only or putting a wildcard in the name tage so it selects all.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 06:30:37 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Search Wildcards
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:45:25 pm »

The asterisk symbol is intended to be a wildcard, but this appears to have been broken at some point. I'm moving this to the bugs board for investigation.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 06:30:19 pm »

Fixed as of svn revision 3036.

kickme21

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 10:36:09 am »

thank you

adrianbj

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 06:12:04 am »

Nibbler,

I am running 1.4.8 and I still can't use the asterisk symbol as a wildcard. I have run a version check and all my files check out as being 1.4.8 (3116). Is it possible this bug crept back in again. I know I used to be able to use an asterisk on its own in the search term to browse all images and now it doesn't display any images when I do this. I am not sure when it stopped working for me though.

I notice it is working on your demo gallery though - are you running the standard 1.4.8 distribution?

Not sure if it will help, but this is a link to my gallery: http://ian.umces.edu/imagelibrary/

Thanks,
Adrian

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 07:11:59 am »

Nibbler fixed it in the subversion repository. This doesn't mean that the fix is in cpg1.4.8 - it will go into the next release though. If you need the fix, check out the subversion repository - http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/coppermine/trunk/stable/ (see instructions http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=89658). Please understand that there's no support on the bugs board. The demo is running a more recent checkout from the svn.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 12:19:44 pm »

It should be in 1.4.8 since it was released after my commit. Post on the support board if you can't get it to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.