Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch adding keywords  (Read 4810 times)

kongbak

• Coppermine newbie
Batch adding keywords
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:27:39 pm »

There must be a way to batch add keywords to the images in CPG, I am working on adding keywords to about 16000 images in my CPG and it is just a pain to be writing the same location, model name, describtion ogr general keyword over and over again. it would really be a great help if the batch adding keywords feature was added to a future CPG release.

metamog

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Batch adding keywords
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 09:30:30 pm »

Good idea. I have edited photos manually, over and over again to fix proper linking.

slausen

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 08:02:19 am »

Let me add my vote for this. I found this post because I was doing a search for exactly this.

I would add that it would be useful to be able to batch add all of the supporting info for a file:

-Title
-Keywords
-custom fields
-etc.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:55:44 am »

Yikes, there are a lot of threads in the features requests board!

Since this is the most recent to request batch-adding keywords, let's use it for gathering ideas on how exactly this will work.  I've been working on such a system for my own gallery (new baby & lots of family interest) and have been thinking about the interface a lot.  What's the most complete and also simplest way to add keywords to lots of photos?  And where do those keywords come from (previous keywords, new ones typed in, etc)?

From a few searches, I've come up these threads that are relevant:

Gathering keywords from other fields - thread - I'm not sure why you would do this besides not having the "title", "album" fields on the search form.  One use I could see if gathering keywords from the filenames if you use a specific regular naming scheme that for example always puts the place in brackets at the end.  A regular expression or other pattern-matching operation would have to be done.

Entering keywords on the thumbnails page - thread - Makes sense to me - similar to the "Add Thumbnails to Lightbox" plugin (in operation).

Using keywords for filtering - thread - This discussion is quite interesting, and I agree with many aspects of both sides (repository-only versus gallery-only).  It's relevant to using keywords and may influence how you would add/modify/delete them.

Allowing users to add keywords - thread - This is not related to batch-adding but may be relevant to the interface used to add keywords, and might be useful as a clean-up after batch-adding (by the admin) or in cases where you batch-add the group keywords, then pick & choose the application of less-used keywords afterwards.

Using editpics.php to mass-apply certain features already - thread - should batch-adding keywords be done somehow on editpics.php?

Please organize any thoughts you have and post them carefully so this thread does not go crazy.   :-\
Think very specifically about how you would ideally apply keywords to your photos.  That's why I'm gathering together the threads I've found so far.  I might as well incorporate other ideas as I flesh out my own needs.

As this is the features request board, remember that there is no support here.  If you have a specific support question that seems relevant (and is not a feature request), post on the correct board, with a reference to this thread if appropriate.  I cannot guarantee everything or anything here although I do have a strong desire to implement this for myself and hope I can share a usable plugin with others.

jontas

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:02:25 am »

If anyone is interested in a quick hack to batch-add keywords, see this thread.

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.