Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 Question  (Read 4695 times)

gvlakers

• Coppermine newbie
1.4.3 to 1.4.4 Question
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:47:30 pm »

I read thru the Documentation on doing an upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.4.4.  Seemed rather confusing saying not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory.   I did all this and have now unpacked the new version, and have it uploaded to the server.  The update.php was run, and the version check is showing that anycontent.php is showing a "RED" error as being 1.4.4 and it should be 1.4.4.  Now, why is it doing this?  In the documentation it says NOT to overwrite the old version of anycontent.php with the new one...so thats why it is saying I still have 1.4.3...because I do.  LOL.  What am I doing wrong?

Nibbler

Re: 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 Question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:02:08 pm »

Just ignore it. The versioncheck is only a guide.

gvlakers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 03:05:15 pm »

So in reality...the versioncheck is only for fresh installations to make sure that all the files uploaded are what the current version is.  Otherwise, if a person has built a gallery, the old anycontent.php will have to remain because its contents have changed?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:10:58 pm »

You only need to keep anycontent.php if you have modified it yourself to add some extra content to your gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.