Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Theme]Boyz+Airhead  (Read 58577 times)

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« on: October 26, 2003, 01:20:23 am »

Quote from: DJMaze
Is there a place we could see your own skin DaMysterious ?
It think that's realy cool themed as well  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Thanks for all your work, it's great.

There is no special 'own' skin, I like to change the skin of DaMysterious frequently. This 'own' skin may be an future proceject wich should cost much of sparetime. My site is big and topmodded, creating a cool skin should end up in weeks of work and I'm lazy 8).

PS: get a glimp of two themes I did adapt right now from phpBB+ AirHead and BoyZ both are ready and wil be released next saturday.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 08:56:21 am by GauGau »
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
2 *NEW* Themes for CPG 1.2.0 AirHead & BoyZ
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 10:57:13 pm »

Preview AirHead life
Download AirHead for CPG v1.2.x.
AirHead is LinkWare.

Preview BoyZ life
Download BoyZ for CPG v1.2.x.
BoyZ is LinkWare.

Have Fun...
DaMysterious.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 01:59:26 pm »

great work again (considering the quality you deliver I'm tempted to say "as usual"). I've put the two new themes on our demo page and the download section.

There are, however, some smaller bugs (that are fixed in the package I put into the downloads):
  • both themes have a link in the main menu that points to portal.php (a file that doesn't exist in regular coppermine installs); I removed that link
  • some images in the boyz-theme started with capital letters, whereas the template refered to lower case file names. This doesn't make a difference on Windows-Servers, but on Lunix there is a difference (the images don't show). I renamed the images and made them all lower case[/list:u]GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 03:11:03 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"

There are, however, some smaller bugs (that are fixed in the package I put into the downloads):
  • both themes have a link in the main menu that points to portal.php (a file that doesn't exist in regular coppermine installs); I removed that link
  • some images in the boyz-theme started with capital letters, whereas the template refered to lower case file names. This doesn't make a difference on Windows-Servers, but on Lunix there is a difference (the images don't show). I renamed the images and made them all lower case[/list:u]GauGau
Thanks GauGau. I changed above to my archives to and put this into my mind for the next theme(s).  Portal.Php is an additional feature on my board to find te way back to my main portal  :wink:. I forgot to remove that link. I found further those capitalized letters also in AirHead, did you change them there to? Sorry for the inconvenience.
DaMysterious.

Ian

• Coppermine newbie
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 02:10:05 pm »

Just a note to say that I have made an official Boyz theme for Coppermine.
It can be downloaded from here: http://www.zarron.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65

I have no problem with others converting my themes to different scripts like nuke etc, as long as I am told about it and have some say in the final result.
You (DaMysterious) never contacted me in anyway at all.

If you look at the info in the original zip file it says:

It is not to be converted to any other script theme - like phpnuke, postnuke etc.
Please Do not do this without permission from zarron first.

Please do not remove my link at the bottom.
Please do not disribute this theme without this file information.

I think the theme you have released is aweful,
    1. It looks messy and un-finished.
    2. It contains bugs in the php and css files.
    3. You havent kept the fonts of the theme.
    4. You haven't kept the original header image.[/list:u]

At the end of the day, this comes back to me as it has my name on it.  :(

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 10:47:23 pm »

That's why I suggested him once to credit the authors of the original themes... with the hope that he would let the real designers know about his work... but I see it's not the case... I'm curious to know what Haz would think about his FI themes...

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 12:52:12 am »

Quote from: "Titooy"
That's why I suggested him once to credit the authors of the original themes... with the hope that he would let the real designers know about his work... but I see it's not the case... I'm curious to know what Haz would think about his FI themes...

If you remember my answer about that topic is placed right here. The terms of Use & Distribution - August 31, 2003 form Forum Images. There is nothing to be curious about as you could reed. Sorry but I can't understand you kind of humor in that question.
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 02:01:33 am »

Quote from: "Ian"
Just a note to say that I have made an official Boyz theme for Coppermine.
It can be downloaded from here: http://www.zarron.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65

I have no problem with others converting my themes to different scripts like nuke etc, as long as I am told about it and have some say in the final result.
You (DaMysterious) never contacted me in anyway at all.

If you look at the info in the original zip file it says:

It is not to be converted to any other script theme - like phpnuke, postnuke etc.

Please do not remove my link at the bottom.
Please do not disribute this theme without this file information.

I think the theme you have released is aweful,
    1. It looks messy and un-finished.
    2. It contains bugs in the php and css files.
    3. You havent kept the fonts of the theme.
    4. You haven't kept the original header image.[/list:u]

At the end of the day, this comes back to me as it has my name on it.  :(

Why should I contact you Ian? The archive wich I used to convert BoyZ  for CPG did mis your original index.htm. Is this my fault? I think not. May I rember you that the quote of your index.htm above is not complete.

Complete text (original archive downloaded right now for this case)

Boyz theme by:
Zarron media

I have spent a long time creating this theme, and I do NOT want other people to change, borrow or steal what I have done. If this happens there will be no more free themes.
This theme is not for modifying in any way other than putting your own info into the header.

Do Not Revove the copyright notice at the bottom. This MUST stay.
Do not disribute this theme without this file.

Is this your kind of humor, or are you angry about the 'German' kind of humor and reacting (after month of releasing BoyZ for CPG) on me right now? What you think is your choise, but please stay by the facts you wrote down.

Yes! I did change the header foto as it don't fit my kind of taste (the used font and the two original boys are realy ugly). May I have another tast then you have? I think yes! As you wrote 'This theme is not for modifying in any way other than putting your own info into the header.' why did you spread the original PSD-file in your free archives if changing of the header is forbidden? Even I change som fonts and colors via css in the way that BoyZ for CPG fits to my personal needs (anyone can do that). Can't read such an exclusion in your index.htm. I never remove the link to zarron.com, and I never found me back on your  blacklist (don't you have more important things to do than spying on user of your themes about the net and let spotting on them) the last month. We all honor your power and investment in making free themes for erveryone and we thank you for that. But please Ian, don't abuse people by letter when you in a bad sense of humor.

This is not a flame and I won't spend any letter on this topic in future. You made your BoyZ for CPG and we are happy with it I think.
DaMysterious.

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 03:25:22 am »

It seems you don't have any knowledge about intellectual property... There's a HUGE difference between using and modifying (adapting IS modifying). What you did with adapting theses themes is at least plagiarism.

And you write "Boyz theme by Zarron Media 2003" or "Theme by FI Forumimages" when it's only based on these themes. It can certainly considered as forgery. While as Ian pointed it, they are very different from the real themes.

Ian

• Coppermine newbie
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 04:19:39 am »

Quote from: "DaMysterious"

Why should I contact you Ian? The archive wich I used to convert BoyZ  for CPG did mis your original index.htm. Is this my fault? I think not. May I rember you that the quote of your index.htm above is not complete.

It is common decency to contact someone when you are attempting to copy their work.
You have "made" a lot of themes before mine, I'm sure you have visited my site on numerous occasions so you should have been aware of things.

you actually wrote in this thread about my blacklist and that my theme was "linkware", so obviously you knew about it!!

Is this your kind of humor, or are you angry about the 'German' kind of humor and reacting (after month of releasing BoyZ for CPG) on me right now? What you think is your choise, but please stay by the facts you wrote down.

???????????????????????????????

Yes! I did change the header foto as it don't fit my kind of taste (the used font and the two original boys are realy ugly). May I have another tast then you have? I think yes! As you wrote 'This theme is not for modifying in any way other than putting your own info into the header.' why did you spread the original PSD-file in your free archives if changing of the header is forbidden? Even I change som fonts and colors via css in the way that BoyZ for CPG fits to my personal needs (anyone can do that). Can't read such an exclusion in your index.htm.

All that is irrelevent.
Your taste doesn't have anything to do with it as you are converting something that I have made.

It would be different if you had used it as a base and created something of your own but you didn't.

I never remove the link to zarron.com, and I never found me back on your  blacklist (don't you have more important things to do than spying on user of your themes about the net and let spotting on them) the last month. We all honor your power and investment in making free themes for erveryone and we thank you for that. But please Ian, don't abuse people by letter when you in a bad sense of humor.

There is no abuse here, I am stating simple facts.
What you made was distasteful and when it has my name on it then its a problem.

Why don't you actually make you own themes?

Ian

• Coppermine newbie
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 04:34:55 am »

That's why I suggested him once to credit the authors of the original themes... with the hope that he would let the real designers know about his work... but I see it's not the case...

If you remember my answer about that topic is placed right here. The terms of Use & Distribution - August 31, 2003 form Forum Images. There is nothing to be curious about as you could reed. Sorry but I can't understand you kind of humor in that question.

Strange how this is the second archive that you have downloaded by two different designers that have both had information "missing"  :roll:
I'm also assuming my AirHead theme also had this information missing?
May I ask where you got these themes from?

I've just visited your site and it appears that you have started using my original Boyz theme, but have replaced the header with your own.
I have no problem with that but, don't distribute it as Boyz please.

Now there is an original theme available could the admins remove the old version and put my original one in its place?

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 12:57:03 pm »

It seems you don't have any knowledge about intellectual property... There's a HUGE difference between using and modifying (adapting IS modifying). What you did with adapting theses themes is at least plagiarism.

And you write "Boyz theme by Zarron Media 2003" or "Theme by FI Forumimages" when it's only based on these themes. It can certainly considered as forgery. While as Ian pointed it, they are very different from the real themes.

Ok! I understand that we have a problem. Please tell me the 'HUGE' difference so I can understand and grow wiser.
DaMysterious.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 01:21:36 pm »

Strange how this is the second archive that you have downloaded by two different designers that have both had information "missing"  :roll:
I'm also assuming my AirHead theme also had this information missing?
May I ask where you got these themes from?

I hope it is not your intension to suggest certain things whit that. And no, you don't may yask. I'm an old man of 51 years and my shortime memory is'nt that what is was yet. Sorry for that.

I've just visited your site and it appears that you have started using my original Boyz theme, but have replaced the header with your own.
I have no problem with that but, don't distribute it as Boyz please.

Is that your intension Ian? Releasing your converted themes under a different name? If yes I have to change some archives here.

Now there is an original theme available could the admins remove the old version and put my original one in its place?

Fine! Thanks Ian.
DaMysterious.

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 03:24:56 pm »

Ok! I understand that we have a problem. Please tell me the 'HUGE' difference so I can understand and grow wiser.

Using
http://www.dirks-computerecke.de/foren/
http://www.sobservers.com/phpBB2/
http://www.demonews.com/phpBB2/
http://membres.lycos.fr/anaclaudiatalancon/
Modifying
http://basefrag.com/forums/

I know that I'm color-blind but I can though see big differences between the original and the 'converted' FI Blue 3D and even more between the original and the 'converted' FI Black 3D. The colors and the shape of the tables are an integral part of the design. If you don't like them, that's ok, but don't distribute your themes as FI themes. Of course you credit credit Haz but you can't distribute it as if it was Haz' work.

Maybe you should take a look at some websites like http://www.auteursrecht.nl/ or http://www.google.nl/search?q=auteursrecht

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2004, 04:45:16 pm »

Using
http://www.dirks-computerecke.de/foren/
http://www.sobservers.com/phpBB2/
http://www.demonews.com/phpBB2/
http://membres.lycos.fr/anaclaudiatalancon/
Modifying
http://basefrag.com/forums/

I know that I'm color-blind but I can though see big differences between the original and the 'converted' FI Blue 3D and even more between the original and the 'converted' FI Black 3D. The colors and the shape of the tables are an integral part of the design. If you don't like them, that's ok, but don't distribute your themes as FI themes. Of course you credit credit Haz but you can't distribute it as if it was Haz' work.

Maybe you should take a look at some websites like http://www.auteursrecht.nl/ or http://www.google.nl/search?q=auteursrecht

Thanks for the links. Thus, adding a 'Modifyed by' to the authors creditlink then is enough as I understand.
DaMysterious.

Ian

• Coppermine newbie
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2004, 05:06:38 pm »

DaMysterious: There is no reason for you to get aggresive and defensive.

It is my only intention to convert and release my own themes myself.
It would be good if you do not convert any of my phpBB themes to Coppermine, as I can do it myself.
I would also look upon it as a favour if you could remove all links/downloads etc to your version of Boyz as it is no longer needed.

As I said before, if you want to use it as a base for your own theme thats okay - but it should be significantly different, not be called Boyz and not have my link on it.

This shouldn't be a big issue for anyone.

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2004, 05:20:10 pm »

DaMysterious: There is no reason for you to get aggresive and defensive.

It is my only intention to convert and release my own themes myself.
It would be good if you do not convert any of my phpBB themes to Coppermine, as I can do it myself.
I would also look upon it as a favour if you could remove all links/downloads etc to your version of Boyz as it is no longer needed.

As I said before, if you want to use it as a base for your own theme thats okay - but it should be significantly different, not be called Boyz and not have my link on it.

This shouldn't be a big issue for anyone.

I'm not aggresive and defensive Ian. If you think so than this is a shortcoming of this meduim and my english language. As you ask, I wil delete all themes related to Zarron Media from my databse after saving this quote Ian.
DaMysterious.

Ian

• Coppermine newbie
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2004, 05:30:30 pm »

thank you

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 12:28:46 am »

This thread has originally been part of Themes by DaMysterious. I split it up to become a separate one for obvious reasons...

@Ian & DaMysterious: I'm trying to sort this out regarding the download section and the demo of the project - so far I have removed the boyz theme contributed by DaMysterious. Please understand that I will wait a little while untill this issue has finally been settled before I re-add "boyz" to the download section. Could you please sum up in one posting which themes are affected and what changes you'd like to see in the download/credits section to appear? Thanks!

GauGau

DaMysterious

• Contributor
  • My CPG Recources
    • My CPG Recources
[Theme]Boyz+Airhead
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 01:24:22 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
This thread has originally been part of Themes by DaMysterious. I split it up to become a separate one for obvious reasons...

@Ian & DaMysterious: I'm trying to sort this out regarding the download section and the demo of the project - so far I have removed the boyz theme contributed by DaMysterious. Please understand that I will wait a little while untill this issue has finally been settled before I re-add "boyz" to the download section. Could you please sum up in one posting which themes are affected and what changes you'd like to see in the download/credits section to appear? Thanks!

GauGau

This affects AirHead & Boyz. I have deleted them from my site already.
DaMysterious.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.