Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Modpack with bridge support: PM, avatar, watermark, cropped/ sharpened thumbs...  (Read 1354702 times)

justbishop

• Coppermine novice
    • a-pathetic.net/ashley

use http upload and see if that works
have you enabled watermarking
does a watermark file exist on your server, is the path set correctly
eventually you need to change permissions
a watermark only gets applied for new files (files that get uploaded after you enabled watermarking). As mentioned several times you'll need to run the admin tools to watermark 'old' pics

Aha!  Ok...what admin tool do I need to run?

And thanks so much for all your help :)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

justbishop

• Coppermine novice
    • a-pathetic.net/ashley

Update thumbs and/or resized photos is necessary when you already have pics up.
Select - Update thumbs and/or resized photos (1)
Select - Only thumbnails (mini and regular)
check - Auto refresh (no need to click continue button anymore)
Set to 5 - Number of processed images per click

Scroll down and find 'Select album'
In the dropdown box select 'All albums' and click 'submit'

Now wait till all thumbs have been recreated

Ok, I did all of the above steps.  Still not seeing a watermark  :-\

I know that it's there.  I made a new png and uploaded it in place of the sample png, so nothing about the path should have changed.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

First make it work with new uploads. Use the sample watermark to exclude all possible mistakes and use http upload and not batch add

justbishop

• Coppermine novice
    • a-pathetic.net/ashley

Ok, I uploaded a picture via upload.php, and the sample watermark DID show up: http://a-pathetic.net/jax/portfolio/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

So I went ahead and replaced watermark.png with the one that I want to use (named it watermark.png also and uploaded it to the same place the sample one was at).  Then I did the admin tool steps (though I couldn't find anywhere to check "auto refresh").

The sample watermark is still on the one picture, and none of the other pictures have anything on them.

ymca

• Coppermine regular visitor

Maybe the watermark.png is not formated right.
maybe it has a mask that blocks something...
Ok, I uploaded a picture via upload.php, and the sample watermark DID show up: http://a-pathetic.net/jax/portfolio/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

So I went ahead and replaced watermark.png with the one that I want to use (named it watermark.png also and uploaded it to the same place the sample one was at).  Then I did the admin tool steps (though I couldn't find anywhere to check "auto refresh").

The sample watermark is still on the one picture, and none of the other pictures have anything on them.

justbishop

• Coppermine novice
    • a-pathetic.net/ashley

idk...all I did was take the original watermark.png from the download, open it in PSP, erase the text, and add new text.  I kept the transparent bg and everything.   ???

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

you need to save it as png. Renaming it to jpg doesn't work
Also if you don't see the auto refresh checkbox you probably haven't uploaded all files. At least util.php isn't working then as it should. -> Reupload all files -> read the docs again (first + second post)

All seems to work except for your own wm file and/ or admin tools. I've showed you the two possibilities

Justttt

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Trippy-ILLusion.Co.Uk

hey stramm, i have checked the css and canot find out ow to change just the heading text of who is online, and such :S. can you change that font size on its own or is it linked with the rest of the text.?
J U S T T T T

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

in my css I can find something like
Code: [Select]
.h2_nomargin {
font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 1.6em;
color: #333;
}

if you're unsure what to change there are browser extensions that dispaly what css is used for certain html. Use that if you're going to modify themes/ css

justbishop

• Coppermine novice
    • a-pathetic.net/ashley

you need to save it as png. Renaming it to jpg doesn't work
Also if you don't see the auto refresh checkbox you probably haven't uploaded all files. At least util.php isn't working then as it should. -> Reupload all files -> read the docs again (first + second post)

All seems to work except for your own wm file and/ or admin tools. I've showed you the two possibilities
I DID save it as a png.  All I did was open the png that came with the download, erase the text, add my own, and hit save, so it just saved OVER the original watermark.png as watermark.png.

And I know I've uploaded every file that came in the download, but sometimes SmartFTP messes up and doesn't upload something completely.  I've never seen the working admin tools page for this thing, so I just didn't know that something was wrong with it (and even if I had, it would have been pretty difficult for me to narrow the problem down to util.php). 

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll upload that file once more.

Justttt

• Trippy-ILLusion.Co.Uk

hmmm sorry to be a pain i have done wht you sed and still noo look

i edited .h2_nomargin {

font-size: 1.6em; << changed that to font-size: 2.6em;

just to see if the font size would change and still no look  :-\

is it possible to change what i am asking for ?.
J U S T T T T

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

works for me... Last additions got bigger when changing font-size to 2.6em in the h2_nomargin class definition

as I've already suggested use eg. the firefox developer toolbar to find out what css you need to change to achive a certain effect

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll upload that file once more.

Issue solved then??

justbishop

• Coppermine novice
    • a-pathetic.net/ashley

Ok, one step at a time, slowly but surely.  I've got my watermark to work, and I've updated all the image sizes multiple times, but for some reason, the original size files are not being watermarked.  Is there a certain way that things should be set up in the image watermarking section of the config screen?  I do have it set to "both" where it asks which files to wwatermark...

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Don't let me always guess what you're doing...
if you batch upload -> then permissions aren't set correctly (I've explained that 2-3 times in this thread). Therefore I asked you to http upload. You haven't reported back if that works.

Justttt

• Trippy-ILLusion.Co.Uk

hmmm av done it over nd over i used dreamweaver with the css editor and even though its so simple to change the font size when saving and re-uploading it to themes/oranje/. it just dont change at all which is strange . since it works for you.  :-\

and another error i get when i go to config and tic Display info right of thumb (or below) on instead of it working it just shows {caption 2}. i dont no if this has anything to do with your modded version, theme or what so sorry if it dosnt
J U S T T T T

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

{CAPTION2} is for the modpack version of the oranje them. So if you haven't installed the modpack you will see that. If you see {CAPTION2} then you're asking your questions in the wrong thread.
But use a txt editor to do the changes make sure you upload into the correct dir and clear your cache

Justttt

• Trippy-ILLusion.Co.Uk

yes i am running your latest version of your modpack erm if you want to have a log with my admin account to see , it also dose not show pm in comments :S

and i have turned debug nd notices and get sum erros to the theme

i will pm u a admin account and if you have time you can check it  ;)
, thanks
J U S T T T T

Justttt

• Trippy-ILLusion.Co.Uk

i have sent you it .
J U S T T T T
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.