Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Modpack with bridge support: PM, avatar, watermark, cropped/ sharpened thumbs...  (Read 1354684 times)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

I haven't tested the mod with CPMFetch and I do not know if anyone's using these two together. The link you posted... that's a lot to read. Would be yummy if you could post a rundown here

If there are glitches with the square thumbs that I'm not aware off... tell me.

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster

Hi Stramm,

Vuud was able to diagnose the problem on the CPMFetch, at least for one of them.  I did something very unconventional -- I placed the photos outside of the Coppermine Gallery itself, based from another thread.  It works that way also, but the CPMFetch was designed to recognize the photos to be in the default "albums". He suggested a patch to deal with the uncoventional placement of the pics -- and that solved the problem.

Anyway, in regard your mod, the "square pics" creation worked, as I told you in another thread. However,  certain things did not work properly.  Here are some of them:

(1) I opted for some features, like having the "mini-thumbs" in the slide show.  The mini-thumbs worked for the "Classic" theme but not for the "Hardwired" or the other themes I opted to keep -- all of them showed the standard larger thumbs.  So there must be something in the code of the Classic that was not in the others.

Because of the discrepancy, I cannot add as many thumbs at the bottom of the slide show. To illustrate this point: five (5) of "150pix thumbs" would almost fill  the reel in the slide show, but  five (5) of "75pix thumbs" in the working Classic would look odd -- it no longer looks like a film negative since only a portion of the simulated film reel was filled.

(2) Among the options also was ability to use the  "mini-thumbs" for the icon of the Album folders -- as was shown in your Demo website.  I double-checked several times that I "checked" the appropriate boxes in the "Config" in the "Album list view", i.e., I specified 75 pixels for size and checked "Yes" for "Use mini thumb as category lead image".

Here is what happened when I did that.  When I just created an album, the "mini thumb" size, as specified did indeed show;  but once I placed photos, mainly using the "batch load", the empty album image was then replaced with the standard thumb size.   In my case the standard thumb size is 150 -- so it is quite huge, and occupies much height space, especially if I have many albums.

I observed the above tansformation from mini to standard thumbs -- once the album is filled --  in all the themes, including the Classic.  So, I was not getting the same "mini thumbs" as shown in your Demo page.

(3) I think I observed this after I applied the "mod".  If I chose the default of "last uploaded" photo as the image showing in the "Album", the image in the Album folder would change, everytime I added a new photo.  I believe this was the case a long time ago -- not sure now -- before I added your mod.

Now, if I added say ten photos in one batch -- using the batch mode -- the last photo in that batch did indeed appear as the image in the Album.  However, the next time I added more, the last of the newly added set of photos would no longer replace the image in the album -- even if I still kept the default, "last photo:, as the option to apear in the Album image icon.

(4)  This is no longer a bug, but more on aesthetic appearance.  If I could get the "mini thumbs" to work, not only in the Classic but in all, the "reel" icon -- to simulate a film roll -- placed at the top and bottom of the pics in the slide show appear disproportionately large relative to the "mini thumbs".  Is there a way to proportionately reduce the "reel" icons?  The standard size of the "reel" icon did not appear nice in proportion to  "mini thumbs", so  I may opt to remove the icon if I cannot reduce it, proportionately.  I may just opt to replace it with a hairline, but thaat may look not as nice either.

(5)  Again, not a bug. I am not too fond of too many icons either, like the smilies in the comment box, so I removed those in the Config option.  Is there a more elegant alternative to the simulated "one star"  to "five stars" for the photo-rating?    I wish I could remove them -- because they detract with the elegant appearance of the photo in the slide show page.  Unfortunately, I need a democratic mode of rating the photos, since I am interested to give the visitors a chance to help select what photos to be kept, if the maximum number of photos in an album is fixed.

On the whole, I find the "squared thumbnail" as very useful.  I wish to commend you again for developing that mode. 

One possible advance in the "squared thumbnail" would be an option to manipulate specific photos that do not provide a good squared thumbnail. This is true for extreme disproportionate "vertical" or "horizontal" photos.

Again, thanks for the mod.

cgc0202

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

seems to be some work to answer your questions ;)

1. mini thumbs in the slideshow... I guess you mean the filmstrip.
-> I never have included such a feature. The one in the classic theme doesn't use mini thumbs but html resize. But I've posted a howto http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28367.msg132651#msg132651

2. No, there's no feature mini thumbs as album lead image. There's only an option to use the mini thumbs as category lead. As you can see on teh demo site, the cat lead images are 65x65 or similar and the thumbs (also the ones for the albums) are 130x130

And yes, if you use fixed size thumbs then exactly that size is in the img tag for width and height. Means also mpg, avi or the empty folder icon will get resized to that dimension. I've added some squre gfx to the oranje and tentacle theme. Have a look or if you don't like them why not create some custom ones (and of course you're welcome to post them here).

If you switch back to max (width/ height) then the behvior will change back to what you're used.

Main reason for that is... why having fixed sized thumbs (or square thumbs) when a placeholder gfx breaks the layout?

3. No problem here. The last uploaded image in a album is the lead image for that album too. Double check album settings and check the datestamp in sql

4. I think you just need to use other gfx for the 'reel'
if you have a look at the samle theme (themes/sample/theme.php) you'll see how to do it
Code: [Select]
// ('THEME_HAS_FILM_STRIP_GRAPHICS', 1) : The location for the film strip graphics will
//    be directed to the themes images folder.
//    tile on the top      : images/tile1.gif
//    tile on the bottom   : images/tile2.gif
define that the theme has it's own filmstrip gfx, create some and place the two files in your themes images folder

but that's not a modpack related question, hehehe

5. I had posted a mod for that. Instead of the smilies there's a link 'click to add smilies' -> that link opens a a lil box with all the smilies in it. It was for 1.3. Means it needs to be modified to work with 1.4

sharif_aly

• Coppermine novice

the Watermark dosn't appear on config , when i press on config on admin it dosn't appear so what's wrong

Dr Preacox

• Contributor
  • Is the Matrix...
    • Dynamic Creations

For some reason the My Gallery link doesn't work

http://www.dc-6.com/gallery/
User: tester
Pass: tester

anyone have any clue why? it just doesnt' show any images, it has the headings, Most commented, Most viewed etc etc, but theres no images in there!
My Mods:
Making Memberlist Public - VIEW
Different Way of Displaying Categories - VIEW
Coming Soon - Automated Sub Domains -MOD

BigMark

• Coppermine newbie

hmm, crazy, i've got following mistake:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';' in /var/www/html/web243/html/bm/cpg145/include/functions.inc.php on line 2911

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

the Watermark dosn't appear on config , when i press on config on admin it dosn't appear so what's wrong

as written in the first post switch to english or update the lang file you're using

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

For some reason the My Gallery link doesn't work

http://www.dc-6.com/gallery/
User: tester
Pass: tester

anyone have any clue why? it just doesnt' show any images, it has the headings, Most commented, Most viewed etc etc, but theres no images in there!
I can't see a problem. All looks smooth

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

hmm, crazy, i've got following mistake:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';' in /var/www/html/web243/html/bm/cpg145/include/functions.inc.php on line 2911

try to reupload or post a link

sharif_aly

• Coppermine novice

as written in the first post switch to english or update the lang file you're using

Yes i'm using english lan , and i choose english uk in site still the same .

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

use english us

sharif_aly

• Coppermine novice

Yes i did that .. i use English US .. it's same thing i can't see it there can you make already made and modded version of coppermine that is already moded by you ?

thanks

use english us

BigMark

• Coppermine newbie

try to reupload or post a link

i've reuploaded it. but nothing.

First i hav installed cpg145, no problems, was easy.
then i have uploaded the mod pack files, and startet the update.php.

there comes "Upgrade completed"

So but then theres the mistake, my page you can find here:
http://bm.straightdurchdiedecke.de/cpg145/

angeldevil

• Translator

Hi Stramm

in future there will be an Italian language?

thanks
a

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

if you translate it: yes. Otherwise: probably not.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

i've reuploaded it. but nothing.

First i hav installed cpg145, no problems, was easy.
then i have uploaded the mod pack files, and startet the update.php.

there comes "Upgrade completed"

So but then theres the mistake, my page you can find here:
http://bm.straightdurchdiedecke.de/cpg145/

post line 2911 +-10 of the functions.inc.php on your server (not the one on your local PC)

That's a part of functions.inc.php that hasn't been modified (or better, the last ~1000 lines haven't been touched). So I still think the file or the archive you downloaded is corrupted

BigMark

• Coppermine newbie

i cant believe, that the files were corrupt, i have it from the official homepage of cpg.  but i also cant understand the problem. very mysterious

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

files can get corrupted during download or un-archiving. Having broken files doesn't necessarily mean that the download files on the server are broken.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

i cant believe, that the files were corrupt, i have it from the official homepage of cpg.  but i also cant understand the problem. very mysterious

the modpack archive can be found on my site, not on 'the official homepage of cpg'. The only versions you can download here are way outdated

doggystyle

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice

cool mod-pack!  :)

thx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.