Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help - album / cat access restrictions  (Read 4090 times)

ralfs

• Coppermine novice
Need help - album / cat access restrictions
« on: February 09, 2006, 03:48:53 pm »

Hi everybody,

I run cpg a few weeks now and I found two big things that do not work at all for me.

I can give a single album only access restriction for one group, not for several. This is the death for any access structure.
That drop-down list has to be changed to select multiple.

Categories are not included at all in the access restriction functionality. This leads to users with restricted access being able to see all available categories.

Example:
Co-workers can see everything.
External partners can see all but the internal meeting / party pictures. Of course they must not see the categories party, meeting xyz.
Press people have access only for the Press category and must not see other categories nor albums.

This should work of course also for the 'last albums', 'last uploads' or 'Search' views.

I would pay well if this could be achievable. At the moment I use cpg 1.4.2 but I am trying to upgrade to 1.4.3 (a bit problematic because of many mods meanwhile ...)

Any interests from your side?

Tanks a lot for reading this.

Ralf S.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:55:52 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need help - album / cat access restrictions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:55:56 pm »

I don't think that this can be accomplished that easily - if it would be, we'd have implemented it long time ago. Making the drop-down box multi-line is not an issue, but writing this to the database and reading it from various places would mean having to change many queries all over the core code. The same goes for categories.

ralfs

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 07:38:14 pm »

Yes, I know, that it's not easy. Therefore the board 'Paid help' and therefore I said I'd pay well. If I get an offer with a rough timeframe and prize we have to talk about it.
What about George_CC - he seems to be one of the most recommended people here and this could be his dissertation ..

Ralf

Beyond_Doubt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 10:33:11 pm »

Bridge with a CMS that can give user access control to modules and install CPG a number of times.

Then make Press ppl part of the Press group, and only the Press group can see the CPG Press install.
Co-Workers the same
Partners the same

You do have three entirely stand alone sections of the site for images (so no cross-sharing), but you do gain other central items like a Forum and Downloads and such like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.