Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot locate database  (Read 5612 times)

karasu_tengu

• Coppermine newbie
cannot locate database
« on: January 27, 2006, 07:52:45 am »

hello,

I am installing Coppermine for the first time. When I try to install I get an error: "mySQL could not locate a database called 'coppermine' please check the value entered for this"

I created the database, with the admin account so I should have permission, and I've double checked the spelling. I have the correct mySQL username and pass. I don't know what the problem could be. =/

sorry if this topic has been covered before, I searched the board and couldn't find a similar error.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:22:27 pm by Nibbler »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cannot locate database
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 07:54:43 am »

If you are on shared hosting, your db name is likely prepended with your accountusername_

If not, you need to ask your host for details.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 08:28:30 am »

make sure that the db user has the permissions needed as well, see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#install_screen_start

karasu_tengu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 09:17:41 am »

thank you,

I did not notice that coppermine can be integrated into my already existing bulliten board. I am currently using a phpBB board. Since it will be refering an already existing board, it should find it. I'll try to do the backup/ integration tomorrow. It's 3:18am here.  :o 

Thanks again for the help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 04:47:05 pm »

Coppermine is not being integrated into a BBS, it can be integrated with a BBS (we refer to this as bridging). Call me picky, but I just wanted to make sure that you's not going to install coppermine into a sub-folder of your BBS. It's recommended that you install it into a separate folder (name it "gallery" or "photos" or whatever) in your webroot, using the same database your BBS uses (Coppermine has a table prefix that differs from your BBS, so it's safe to do this). Install as suggested in the docs, make sure everything works as expected - only then you start considering bridging. Please read the docs carefully.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 07:53:05 pm by GauGau »

karasu_tengu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:33:30 am »

TranzNDance was right, my DB do have a prefix of my account username. I thought it would be something simple I was overlooking. Case solved! Thanks again for all the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.