Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading Pics  (Read 13324 times)

rjlump55

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading Pics
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:26:27 pm »

I have installed Coppermine to use on our site and have also read through some of the document files on your site, however; being new to this there are some things I am not quite understanding.  All the images used on our site are located in the images folder in public html.  I have created 4 albums in Coppermine to place these images.  My problem is I am not understanding how to do this.  The document spoke of creating subfolders.    "It is recommended that the coppermine admin use ftp to upload multiple pics/files at a time. Use your ftp software to create sub-folders within your_coppermine_directory/albums/, where your ftp uploads can be saved. Though not mandatory, it's always a good idea to have a folder structure within the albums folder that reflects or mirrors your coppermine categories and albums."  Can you make these steps a little more clearer with step by step procedure?  It would be most helpful.

LnQ

• Coppermine novice
Re: Uploading Pics
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 09:42:34 am »

hmme my look like this.

- Coppermine
- Album [777]
-- Funstuf
--- Morefun
--- Funny
- Theworld
-- Countries
-- Flags

And in the website it look lik this
Funstuf (a categorý)
- Morefun (a album)
- Funny
Theworld  (a categorý)
- Countries (a album)
- Flags

Your folder names isnt allowed to content "." like this "01.06.05.hello.party"

In other words if you have a structure in Albums it easier for you to manage it.

Dont know if this helped you but...that how i understand it

rjlump55

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 02:32:59 pm »

Ok, I have already named the albums in coppermine where I want the pics to reside, my question is I am not understanding how to get them there following the instructions in the help documents.  Do I just drag the photos I want in each album while in FTP utility because all my pics are in the images folder of the site. Having someone to show me indeed would be more simpler as the instructions are to me a little vague.

LnQ

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 06:47:43 pm »

i make a little guide then hehe...how to upload picture... 15min

LnQ

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 01:25:21 am »

LnQ

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 01:26:55 am »

LnQ

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 01:27:42 am »

Do you understand these pictures? if dont just ask

rjlump55

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 10:56:38 pm »

I understand the pics, but I still am not quite understanding something.  The FTP utility I am using; when I open the CopperGallery>Albums folder - I see the edit, uploads, and userpics folders, but I don't see the 4 albums I created.  I then go to the Coppermine Album Manager and click on Albums>Select Category and select "My gallery" and the 4 albums are showing.  So what do I do with them at this point?

At the Batch Add Files: after I click on it I see the directory box is greyed out and it is asking me to select a directoy, but the only one showing is "uploads".  I am not sure what is to happen at this point.

Again, I see the images you sent me, but how do I apply them so I can get my images into the albums?

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.