Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete Control on Users' Galleries & Public Albums  (Read 31299 times)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Delete Control on Users' Galleries & Public Albums
« on: March 13, 2006, 08:29:45 pm »

This plugin was commissioned and funded by CD69; the history is in this thread.

This plugin removes the ability for users to delete photos and albums from their user galleries or any other photos they have control over (if you allow such a thing on the config panel).  The buttons & checkboxes are gone, and just in case some user becomes enterprising, the processing of the delete functions has been disabled.

I call this plugin a "Delete Control" plugin, but really right now it's just a delete disabler.  Maybe someone will have some other uses that would warrant the more general name, so that's what I picked.  If you have such suggestions, please use a new thread in the plugin support board.  This thread should only contain discussion about how to use the plugin I have contributed.  New feature requests go in the plugin support board with the normal forum rules of one question/feature per thread.

This plugin shows a good way to control permissions of specific features, in case you are an enterprising plugin writer.

v1.01 is the initial public release
v1.02 removes the delete button in the album manager (whose function was already disabled in 1.01)
v1.03 fixes bug where user could not create albums

edit: I realized that this plugin is "dumb" in that it removes the delete buttons everywhere for users, including photos they have control over in public albums.  So I modified the subject and added a phrase in the description above to say so.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:28:27 pm by Paver »

CD69

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: Delete Control on Users' Galleries
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 03:30:47 am »

Just like the doctor ordered Paver, thank you.

You do a great job as part of the Coppermine Team!

bitcloud

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Delete Control on Users' Galleries & Public Albums
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:59:21 pm »

Thanks a heap Paver -

should add this to the core... (including properties & edit files options)

BTW, anyone that wants to restricts access to "properties" - Pavers great plugin is easy enough to edit to do this...

cgc0202

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 02:46:40 am »

Hi Paver,

I was reviewing some of the features of CPG that I might like to add in my revised CPG's and this is one of them.  I was wondering if this could be modified further so that a grace period, e.g., 30 days after upload of user, before this sets in. 

The reason for this "probation  period clause" is based from my experience in the Flickr forum where we have a site to solicit images that will be considered for inclusion in a more formal website (outside of Flickr and not related to Flickr), if the contributed images are consistent with what we are looking for.

At any rate, there are rules already stated explicitly in the forum site.  In theory, because there is already a public disclosure, it should be possible for us to then post the photos submitted to the Flickr forum site into the outside site.  But, many Flickr members become members of certain groups without really reading rules -- because they want more exposure for their photos (some Flickr members are so into that).  I found this attitude by accident.  As a matter of courtesy, in spite of the public disclosure of why the site was created, I still "request" permission to publish photos in the other photogallery site, independent of Flickr.

Anyway, most were gracious and grateful that their photos were selected, but a few were irate that I would do such a thing (notwithstanding the public disclosure).  So, just to protect the  other photogallery site, independent of Flickr, I was thinking if it is possible to be able to send some sort of an automated letter (that may then be customized a bit by the Admin, so that it will not be deleted as one of those common spam letters) that will again inform the contributor of the image that will include the statement:

"By uploading the image into (name of site), you will retain full copyright to your work. Further, you agree to give  (name of site) unlimited time to use and derivatize the photo in this (name of site) and affiliated non-commercial sites of the  (name of site).  Your photo will not be use or transferred to any commercial site or shared with non-affiliated site  without your expressed consent, either in writing or email.  Publication of the photo will not .... etc., etc., etc. (usual legalese here about original work, copyright, fair use and more).

If you uploaded this photo or set of photos by by mistake, or without fully understanding the gravity of your decision, you have a 30-day period to change your mind.  After which time, you confer us the fair use of your contributed images for non-commercial purposes for unlimited time -- without any pre-condition of fees or share of profits, etc. Further, this agreement does not require us to post this photo indefinitely, etc., etc. (usual legalese here about stealing other people's work, legal protection of the group about potential legal suits from third parties, etc.)"

[The Atlantic Monthly has a well-written TOS on this already, so that it will be revised to prepare one adopted for the site and online publications.]

Cornelio

N.B.  I will write to you soon about the job request (posted in another thread) that I intimated in  other threads to explore what is doable, and not.

In includin

treehstn

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 07:42:06 pm »

Hoping to use this plugin on a gallery running 1.6.17.  It warns when installing that it might crash my gallery and hints that it might not be compatible.  Is there any way to actually test a plugin with this message before installing?  Not sure I would know how to fix it if I did crash the gallery...

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 09:55:12 pm »

Hoping to use this plugin on a gallery running 1.6.17.  It warns when installing that it might crash my gallery and hints that it might not be compatible.  Is there any way to actually test a plugin with this message before installing?  Not sure I would know how to fix it if I did crash the gallery...
Give me a few days and I will check out the plugin and make sure it is useful for CPG 1.6.x
I'll attach an updated version in your thread on the CPG 1.6 board.

treehstn

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 10:02:49 pm »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.