Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Album Title & Description  (Read 152553 times)

lordprodigy

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • B514 ///
Re: Search Album Title & Description
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 07:53:03 pm »

@Paver:

Exactly. What i did is I commented out the checkboxes I didnt need. It seeems to be working fine like this except the problem I talked about. As discussed maybe in a future release you chould have those checkboxes optional and tie them to the results. but thats no rush as its working great now.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 08:30:54 am »

Version 1.05 has been added to the first post as usual. 

A config panel has been added to the admin toolbar to replace the configuration on installation. 

Album stats have been added (with a toggle config option) to the album search results and the "Last Updated Albums" meta-album.   There are a few config options for the stats display and you can further style the stats with "thumb_stats" in theme/style.css.  The stats are also wrapped with the style "thumb_caption" so you don't have to create "thumb_stats" if you don't want to.

A "search only albums (no pictures)" option has been added.  It requires an addition to your theme/theme.php which is described in detail on configuration of this option.  I could find no other way to do this using the plugin system than to require a manual code addition to your theme.  Once added though, you never have to remove it since it does the regular thing even when the plugin is uninstalled. 

Please read the README.txt for more information about the "search only albums" option and about modifying your custom search boxes to use this plugin's search album features.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 05:45:29 pm »

Great plugin!!! I tested it and works well :)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2006, 10:18:55 am »

Version 1.06 has been added to the first post as usual.
  • replaced previous stats config options with new ones: stats template & stats date format; stats template recognizes three tags: {DATE}, {FILES}, and {VIEWS} which you can mix & match with HTML; stats date format uses the regular PHP date format specifiers - see link on config panel for more information
  • disabled "search files" explicitly when "search only albums" is ON
  • changed yes/no drop-down boxes to radio buttons on config panel
  • added "Files" to original search results table header to differentiate from album search results
  • completely replaced captions created by Coppermine for album thumbnails since certain items didn't make sense for album thumbnails (e.g. filename, thumbnail views)
  • removed "IP" from search_album form
  • added stats files & views strings to lang/english.php so they can be customized by user; they are commented out by default so that the core multi-language support is available, but if you want to change 'files' to 'photos' for example, you can use the plugin's language file to do so

I have done some tests on the comment & rating searching and this may be in the next plugin release, whenever that is.  I agree with GauGau's previous comment about Prisoner_24601's request for rating content management & syndication, but I do think it might be useful on the search form to return files with certain ratings (and certain other search keys), so that's what I'm considering adding.  You could use this as a poor man's content management (from the results page) & syndication (with GET links), but that's not the main intent.  One thing to note is that so far I have only added on to the search results with a separate album results table.  Comments & rating searching would be added on to the files search form, which is in the thick of the main search feature of the Coppermine core.  If I do add these features, I'm thinking this plugin should be renamed to "Advanced Search" or something like that.  The thread could still include "Search Album" so that other places I mentioned this plugin would still make sense - something like "Advanced Search, including Search Album Title & Description".  Something to consider if I do add these features to the core search.

I have been thinking about a customizable search form with more advanced features to suggest for the next release of Coppermine, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.  This plugin does things pretty well and it works right now.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2006, 02:38:30 pm »

I guess I should have known that I shouldn't release a version at 4 in the morning.  Version 1.07 has only one very minor change.  The default value of the labels 'files' and 'views' in lang/english.php is now 'files' and 'views'.  It was something else in 1.06 due to some testing I did.  These values are commented out by default so that Coppermine's multi-language support is enabled by default, i.e. 'files' and 'views' from Coppermine's language files is used unless you remove the comments in the plugin's language file.  You would do this to customize the labels. In so doing, you would break multi-language support, unless you in turn create language files for every language in the plugin's lang directory.

So to sum up, 1.07 works identically to 1.06.  The only change is to make it clear for people who want to customize the 'files' and 'views' labels in the plugin.

Then again, I'm writing this now with barely 4.5 hours of sleep, so I'm probably cruisin' for a bruisin'.  Don't ask why when I woke up, I immediately thought of this.  It scares me too.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2006, 05:54:26 pm »

WOW. impressive. I love it Paver. Good job. you can see it in action www.bogho.com/b514

It is exactly what I was looking for! In fact, I think this should be a standard config option in coppermine. Right now there is no way to customise what caption is shown and how its shown for the: 'random', 'lastup', 'topn', 'toprated', 'lastcom', 'lasthits', 'lastalb'... I guess for now if someone can come up with a plugin that manages that, it would be fantastic!

The search works great. This is an awesome plugin. Once again great job paver and I appologise for the impatience.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2006, 06:09:39 pm »

All the other meta-albums you listed (besides 'lastalb') show thumbnails of files, so the options on the config. panel for "Thumbnail List View" are appropriate and allow you to customize the content of the caption.  You can use the styles "thumb_title" and "thumb_caption" in theme/style.css for styling.

I agree that a template like I created in this plugin for the album thumbnails would be handy for specific cases, but I think the current config options for content and style classes for formatting handle virtually all the needs of users.

You are excused for your impatience.  Please keep this in mind in the future.  We all make mistakes now & again.  Let's move on.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2006, 07:56:33 pm »

Thanks Paver  ;)

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2006, 10:25:07 pm »

Hello Paver,

I found this mod on the board about most popular searches and so on ( http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=22244.0 ) ... do you think this could be integrated with your plugin, so it shows the info only on the search page (your plugin)? Let me know. thanks a lot.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2006, 07:41:27 am »

stop requesting new plugin features in a thread that deals with a plugin contrib please.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 08:22:36 am »

I realize I have been condoning the requests by implementing them.  Most of the more elaborate plugins that could have feature requests will most likely make their way onto the CPG-Contrib Boards, where you can more clearly make feature requests on the appropriate sub-boards.  As GauGau has been stressing, this "Plugin Contrib" board is meant as merely an announcement for plugin contributions and discussions on how to use the contributions with no intent for further requests.  Plugin support should go on the parent board "cpg1.4 plugins".  Such support can include "how would one modify this plugin to do this"?  Ideally, as I said, you shouldn't be requesting new features left & right.  If you want to implement new features and contribute those modifications, please do so.  That would be a communal & friendly thing to do.

That's my understanding of the intent of these boards.  GauGau can correct or elaborate on this.  The bottom line for all of this is to keep the boards organized, clear, and easy to read for future & new visitors.

As an example, a request for a mod or feature can be started in a new thread on the main plugins support board.  That request can be discussed there and "solved" by either a mod posted in that thread or a new version announced in the plugin contribution thread.  This keeps "one question per thread" for support.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 09:16:20 am by Paver »

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2006, 12:25:27 am »

I am aware of the rules of the board. I am getting used to them and trying my best to respect them. In this case, its not a request for a feature, but rather a possibility for integration and willingness to do so. I was looking for a yes / no answer and not a solution. I thought it was a neat mod that can add on to the already amazing plugin that Paver has.

On the other hand, believe me, if I knew any php/mysql I would have done all the mods that came to my mind on my own. Unfortunately I cant do it myself, so the contribution I can give to this community is only in ideas and feature requests.

I will re-post my question in the main plugin board. Point taken.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 10:25:47 pm »

Paver,

I have been using the plugin for a while. works fantastic. recently I get an error when search for a specific word... I get this:
Code: [Select]
Template error
Failed to find block 'admin_approval'(#(<!-- BEGIN admin_approval -->)(.*?)(<!-- END admin_approval -->)#s) in :

<div align="center">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>
                                </tr><tr>
<!-- BEGIN log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="db_ecard.php" title="{DB_ECARD_TITLE}">{DB_ECARD_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN documentation -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END documentation -->
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>

The weird thing is that I started from a 1.4.x template and issues similar to this were referenced to upgrading from an old theme... This error happens only when I search the word "Time" for some reason... I appreciate your help. thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 10:33:05 pm by lordprodigy »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 11:33:10 pm »

That's bizarre.  I just checked it out on your site, and I see what you mean.  Is your theme based on "hardwired"?  Take a look in your theme.php and look for the variable $template_gallery_admin_menu.  See if you see a line with <!-- BEGIN admin_approval --> near the beginning of this variable's definition.  The core hardwired theme has it.  Let me know if your theme.php has this block.  It might be helpful if you attach your theme.php to your reply so I can try it on my site and troubleshoot the problem.  This is the second time I've heard of a case where a particular search word does something particularly weird.  I didn't have any way to troubleshoot the first report, but I believe it was fixed (in an overall way which didn't hint at why the particular word was special).

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 12:10:59 am »

Paver, thank you very much for your reply. Here is the theme.php attached. and the code I have there is
// HTML template for gallery admin menu
$template_gallery_admin_menu = <<<EOT

<div align="center">
                        <tr>
<!-- BEGIN admin_approval -->
                                <td class="admin_menu" id="admin_menu_anim"><a href="editpics.php?mode=upload_approval" title="{UPL_APP_TITLE}">{UPL_APP_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END admin_approval -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>
                                </tr><tr>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="db_ecard.php" title="{DB_ECARD_TITLE}">{DB_ECARD_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END log_ecards -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></td>
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>
EOT;

My theme is based on hardwired and I did my mods on the one provided in the 1.4.3 package. Let me know if you find any glitches. I appreciate yout time for this!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 04:09:22 am »

I found one error in my plugin having to do with albums which have no photos in them.  But I do not get the same error that you got.  I tried your theme.php and it works fine for me.

Do you have an album with no photos that has "time" in the title?

I noticed on your website that only searching for "time" in the title gives the error.  If you search the description, things are fine, so that leads me to believe that there's an album title with "time" in it that leads to the error.  I also searched for "tim", "ti", and "t" with similar results which is consistent with this supposition.

I don't know why you are getting the "admin_approval" error, but it might be related to the albums with no photos error.  Or it might not be.  I'm working on a fix for the error I found, but it's not ready yet for you to try.  I'll post it when it's ready.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 05:23:08 am »

Paver, you are amaizing! you found the glitch! I do have an empty album with Time in the title... hence the error when your plugin finds that album. I am not intending to have empty albums so this should be fine :) But I will follow up to see when you post the update. Thanks a lot. Great Job.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2006, 10:34:40 pm »

Hello Paver,

I have transfered my test installation to my site (www.b514.com) and now I always get this error, unless I am logged in as admin... :(
Template error
Failed to find block 'admin_approval'(#(<!-- BEGIN admin_approval -->)(.*?)(<!-- END admin_approval -->)#s) in :

<div align="center">
                        <tr>

</tr><tr>
<!-- END log_ecards -->
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>
Any ideas why? How can I fix it? Thanks a lot in advance.

Nibbler

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2006, 10:41:10 pm »

Update your gallery.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 11:35:06 pm »

Thanks Nibbler. I just updated to 1.4.4 but the problem is still there...

Basically, when I am logged in as admin I get error
There was an error while processing a database query when the search find an album with no photos inside it. When I am not logged in as admin, I get the above template error... Paver mentioned that he found a little problem refering to that. I understand that the problem would give a
There was an error while processing a database query result, but why would it give the template error when not logged in. This is the condition on my test site (www.bogho.com/b514) and on my real site www.b514.com any search attemp results into the template error above when not logged in as admin... I think there might be another, possibly bigger glitch somewhere... :( Do you have any ideas? I appreciate all the help.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.