Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copyright / footer question?  (Read 8718 times)

snab

• Coppermine newbie
Copyright / footer question?
« on: January 10, 2006, 06:07:52 pm »

I am aware that I should not remove the "powered by Coppermine" text and link from the footer as it is only right that credit is given where credit is due.

I am using mxBB portal, phpBB2 and coppermine, now i would like the footer to be the same on every page on my site.

Along the lines of "Powered by MX-System © 2001, 2005 & phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group & Coppermine Photo Gallery" with the links in correct places. Along with the site disclaimer.

Am I allowed to do this and remove the single "powered by coppermine" text and link

This footer will be visible on each mxBB, phpBB and coppermine page.

Thanks in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Copyright / footer question?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 11:10:06 pm »

Am I allowed to do this and remove the single "powered by coppermine" text and link
No. We can't actually keep you from doing it, but I don't think that it's a good idea. Only the coppermine-pages on your site should carry the "Powered by Coppermine" tag, and only the forum pages should have the phpBB footer and so on. The reason for having the tag is to allow others to find out what app is "doing the work" behind the scenes - a phpBB link on Coppermine-driven pages would be misleading and vice versa.
Anyway, we won't tell how to edit the tag, and I want to remind you that users who have modified or deleted the tag go unsupported. Please leave the tag as-is.

snab

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Copyright / footer question?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 12:26:46 am »

OK

Fair enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.