Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySql Error...  (Read 3109 times)

oldskool-nick

• Coppermine newbie
MySql Error...
« on: December 22, 2003, 04:31:12 am »

I thought I did everything correctly when I uploaded coppermine on my ftp, but I can't install it. I get this error message:

Could not create a mySQL connection, please check the SQL values entered

MySQL error was : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

The "albums" and "include" folders are set to 777, and I have the correct version of mysql with phpmyadmin. Heres the link:

http://www.glassin-world.com/gallery/install.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys,

-Nick

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
MySql Error...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 09:26:50 am »

this error says you haven't provided the proper data to access your mySQL database - nothing we can fix about this, contact your webhost and ask them what your mySQL data are. If you don't have mySQL at all you're stuck (see minimum requirements).

GauGau

oldskool-nick

• Coppermine newbie
MySql Error...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 05:47:10 pm »

My webhost definatley provides mysql. Its is MySQL 4.0.15. Like I said, I have phpmyadmin and I have working usernames and passwords for my database. I have already set up a forum without any problems, but I can't seem to get this to work.  Thanks

-Nick

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
MySql Error...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 06:21:20 pm »

just to rule a common error out: did you make sure not to change the prefix to anything containing a dot (there mustn't be dots in table names, as they're used for other purposes in mySQL)?

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.