Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Full-Size & Intermediate Photos Access Control  (Read 166634 times)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Full-Size & Intermediate Photos Access Control
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2006, 09:10:05 pm »

You're welcome again.  Let me know if there are any issues.

For the users on the main page, do you mean something like this: "User albums" on the index-page?  Since this is off-topic, please start your own thread (on the appropriate support board) if you have something else in mind. 

KlausH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2006, 05:48:39 pm »

Thanks for that! We needed this for a restriced photo-community; so you made my day!:-)

Shades

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2006, 04:23:17 pm »

Awesome plugin Paver, thank you it's just what I needed.

However, it seems to overlook permissions for individual albums. Meaning when you configure the plugin so that guests can only view thumbnails, but if you have also assigned some albums to unlogged users, then guests can't see any intermediate & full-size, no matter what.

I would like to have guests restricted to thumbnails only set by default, but allow them to view inter. & full pictures in some albums. Would that be possible?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2006, 11:00:16 pm »

@Shades: I've thought about this briefly before, but not in much detail.  The main question is how much should the plugin do?  On one end, the plugin has a section where it lets you set permission levels for every single album; on the other end, the plugin looks at album permissions and takes them into account in some reasonable way.  Obviously, it would be simplest from the interface-point-of-view to have the permission level right there on the album properties page, but that would take a lot of work using the plugin framework and may be rendered moot if & when the core permission system for Coppermine is overhauled.

So, thinking about your question now, I would suggest the following.  Add an option where either the plugin overrides all permissions site-wide (as it is now) or the plugin overrides only those albums with permission set to "everyone" or "registered" (maybe another option) and leaves alone albums with permission set to another usergroup.  People in that usergroup will have full access to the album, with the plugin not getting involved at all.

There might be some issues from the user-point-of-view, so please let me know if you think of any.  (When I say "user", I mean the user of the plugin, which is actually the gallery admin.)  Would this suggestion do what you want?

Shades

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 02:09:55 am »

Thanks for your reply, Paver.

Yes, what you suggested sounds convenient for what I'm trying to do! I can't really think of any admin issues, though.
In my gallery there are none but the "Guests" and "Registered" groups, and I only have a minor number of albums that I wish to make 100% public, so in my personal case your option idea would suit me perfectly well.

Thanks again.

pda4de

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2006, 05:00:04 pm »

FYI. The control_fullsize (1.2 & 1.4) plug-in files are not working with Safari ( Mac OS 10.4.8 ). The lower options are not shown and the DONE button is not present. Using IE 5.2 is a workaround.

PDA

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2006, 10:14:49 am »

Installed on CPG 1.4.10
Tested with IE 7 and FF 2.0

Great plugin Paver, it does the job perfectly!

Cheers!
Hein

p.s. Dutch language file added to post

Senator

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2006, 09:40:06 pm »

I've installed the Full-Size Photos Access Control v1.4 plugin, and it works fine fore a month.

Now i've got a problem with it. When use this plugin, it works for a few hour, till the server at my providers crashed.

My site has today killed the providerserver for three times today. And many  all the sites that they hosted on that server was down.

My provider has contact me, and told that the webserver and the database server crashed, by my site.

My site overkilled the databaseserver, en the link the gave me, leads to this plugin.

Now i've uninstalled this plugin, and my site gives no problem anymore with the server, and my provider has no problem anymore.

So i think this plugin take too much of  dbserver processing. Maybe i've not set the good settings in the plugin.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2006, 10:35:21 pm »

Strange.  What was the link they gave you?

Senator

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:04 pm »

the url they gave me was

httpdocs/plugins/control_fullsize

They told me that this plugin is the problem.

wuschel_lux

• Translator
    • volleyball.lu - photo gallery & shop
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2007, 10:50:57 am »

Hi,

first of all thanks for this great plugin. I need it really but I have some small problems with it.

I am using Stramms Package and Photo Shop v1.3.3.

Installation of Full-Size Photos Access Control v1.4 was succesfull, with the controll panel I could select rights, which I set to Intermediate for guests. After this I could no more use the pulldown of the shop. I got the content of the pulldown in text form and the pic is gone to the right an 'distroyed' the table layout.

Is there a problem to use Photo Shop and this plugin?

best regards

www.volleyball.lu/fotogallery

EDIT:
=====
Problem solved. I change the plugin order and it works realy fine.

Again thanks for this GREAT plugin
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 06:17:21 pm by wuschel_lux »

Bazzah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2007, 02:22:20 pm »

Obviously this is a problem my end, but hopefully someone can help. I have used this mod for quite a while now, but I have just discovered that new groups I create in my forums are no longer shown in this mod. I use coppermine bridged with IPB. For some reason, the full size access mod is showing old groups that I have removed, and not new ones. Is this a problem with my database tables? If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it. Oh, and I don't have a clue about PHP, so please be patient with me ;D

Nibbler

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 03:16:40 pm »

You need to visit the groups page in Coppermine to resync the groups.

Bazzah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 04:53:09 pm »

Sweet! Thanks Nibbler! (Again)

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
Re: possible little bug with IPAC plug
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2007, 03:25:12 pm »

Thanks very much for the great plug in. I am using 'cpg1.4.2_plugin_control_fullsize_1.2.zip' on cpg1.4.10.

For those who are not allowed to view the full size pictures, the border around the pic in intermediate view gets unsymmetrical or non-uniform in size. Happens with all skins and on IE7 and Firefox2.

Screenshots:
http://www.timos-welt.de/BorderBug_Firefox.jpg
http://www.timos-welt.de/BorderBug_IE.jpg

Any solution?

TIA
Timo

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2007, 02:08:20 pm »

I run the plugin on classic_vertical_filmstrip theme.. no such problem here. Did you try uploading a picture that was not in your CPG before ?

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2007, 06:16:21 am »

Yes, same result.  :(

reas0n

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2007, 08:58:14 am »

ok im running the 1.2 version of this plug cause thats all i really need but when i check "Display this notice to users not allowed to view full-size photos" it doesnt show the message i cant even click on the picture...i wanted to get it so they have to register if they want to see the pic full sized but it wont even let me send them to the message...any ideas????

dke

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2007, 06:59:42 pm »

Very nice plugin indeed, but as mentioned above, it would be real nice if it was possible to allow guests to view full size images in chosen albums while in the rest they will have 0 access.

Ingalb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2007, 04:25:26 pm »

Hi  Paver,

thanks a lot for this plug-in.

I have CGP 4.10 and integtated with phpBB forum.
The plugin works well in the album where are photo but not in other album where are video or audio files....

Ex. 

http://www.fkvllaznia.net/main/album/thumbnails.php?album=2    (here the plugin function)

http://www.fkvllaznia.net/main/album/thumbnails.php?album=4  (here the plugin do not function)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.