Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot run update.php and getting fatal error  (Read 6427 times)

autumn_whispers2me

• Coppermine novice
    • Autumn Whispers to Me
Cannot run update.php and getting fatal error
« on: December 10, 2005, 07:20:54 am »

I'm getting "fatal error:" when going to my gallery, but I can't run the update.php.  One reason could be that I don't understand 'how' to run this file.

My gallery is at: http://www.ghostinthelens.com/thedarkroom and I'm not sure how to type what I need into the browser to run the update.php file.  I'm also using firefox, in case that makes a difference.

The instructions say to type: http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php  What I'm wondering is how to type the url in??  What I mean by that is.. my gallery is in a directory called "thedarkroom" and I've tried typing this in several different ways and only get an error 404 telling me that it doesn't exist.  ????

So, if my gallery is at: http://www.ghostinthelens.com/thedarkroom then what do I type in to run the update exactly?

Also, do I need to use a different browser other than FF, like IE?  Does that make a difference?

Another important thing:  The directions say to delete the install.php file in the root directory, but it didn't say on which end.  So I didn't delete it.  That file was in the local folder containing the new coppermine upgrade, and also online.  I didn't know which one to delete, so I left them alone.  I imagine the new file overwrote the old?

I'm totally lost and confused and am eager to get my gallery running again.  :(  I have 3 galleries and did the upgrade on the least important one... just in case.  ;)  Now, thing is, I don't know how to backup the database either... I looked around in Coppermine and didn't see anything.

Whew!  Last, but not least: Is there an easier way to upgrade??  Are there just a few files that need upgrading, or do I have to do the whole kit n kaboodle?  the directions imply that I'm to overwrite the entire thing ("all files...").. again, very confused. ???

UPDATE:  I just checked again and my gallery is there ???  But, the config button is missing??  Now I'm REALLY confused and befuddled.

I hope the above wasn't too confusing.  Thanks in advance for your help.  :)

Autumn
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 04:38:49 pm by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Cannot run update.php and getting fatal error
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 07:23:15 am »

Here's the URL: http://www.ghostinthelens.com/thedarkroom/update.php

I ran it for you so your gallery is up.

autumn_whispers2me

• Coppermine novice
    • Autumn Whispers to Me
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 07:29:02 am »

Oh wow!  THAT'S why it suddenly showed up!  You are AWESOME!  Thank you!  Also, the CONFIG button is missing from the admin area... what happened to that? lol

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 07:32:41 am »

You will need to update your custom theme. More info in the docs folder. Link is available at the top of this page, too.

autumn_whispers2me

• Coppermine novice
    • Autumn Whispers to Me
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 07:43:43 am »

The theme is why the config button doesn't show?  Wow, I never would've guessed that would be the cause. lol  :p  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.