Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: phpBB2.0.18 cpg1.4.2 (stable) DB problems  (Read 17334 times)

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
phpBB2.0.18 cpg1.4.2 (stable) DB problems
« on: November 27, 2005, 01:17:16 pm »

i have installed  phpBB2.0.18 and cpg1.4.2 (stable) on my linux server but when  i try to access the user albums i get an error message witch relates to the DB (the boards db i guess)

The address  for the board is http://www.stig-larsen.com/forum  user test password test

« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 09:17:56 am by GauGau »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: phpBB2.0.18 cpg1.4.2 (stable) DB problems
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 02:19:44 pm »

Link to your gallery?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 03:03:43 pm »

http://www.stig-larsen.com/cpg142/ is the link to the gallery

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 03:05:51 pm »

right now nothing works unles cpg is in standalone mode  >:( and it looks like i can't even log into the board  ...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 03:15:11 pm by Ferret_dude »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 03:20:02 pm »

Run the bridge wizard - follow the instructions in the documentation.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 03:29:07 pm »

i have done that ..  i did fill in what i was asked to fill in  but it seem lik it won't work at all  :(

i will remove both phpBB an cpg and reinstall em both from scratch  hope it works better

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 03:30:17 pm »

Don't do that.  Run the bridge wizard, and then post the exact SQL error message.  We can't help if you don't provide us with any useful information.

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 04:54:16 pm »

i did a fresh reinstall of both php BB and cpg but i still got the problems ... when i bridge em i can't even log on to the goard :(

seem like the DB get messed up ...   if you like you can have a go at it  since the board is just a testing place  befor i take various scripts over to the live forum

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 04:55:25 pm »

One last time: post the actual SQL error message you receive.

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 05:09:57 pm »

ok let me explain the problem a little closer ...  when i'm bridgin the gallery to the board  i'm not able to log in to the board ...when i got to the gallery and try to log in from it  it just bring me back to the board to log in there witch isn't possible  when it is bridged ...

that is the reason wht i can't give you the SQL error message  ... anyway thanks for the help  .. i will  be around to see if anyone else have that problem and how it is  solved   .. Ps i think coppermine is  a nice gallery as a standalone  :)

Ps if anyone has a solution or want to have a go at it pls feel fre to  send me a PM

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 05:26:41 pm »

ok but how do i get to the errorr message from the sql when things are working when the gallery is in standalone mode  but are totaly messed up when i  bridge it  like i explained in my previous post ?? i have  turned on the debug mode in cpg but that dosen't help much when im brought to the board to sign in .. anyway i won't bother you  with this little problem since adding the gallery isn't a big thing  :)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 06:53:04 pm »

Bridge it and leave it bridged!  I have no idea what it looks like if you keep unbridging it.

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 07:53:56 pm »

ok i did bridge it ... thought i had left it bridget 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 08:51:37 pm »

What's the problem?  Everything works fine for the test user.  Clear your cookies.

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 08:56:10 pm »

yeah i noticed it was working now  but i haven't cleard my cockeis so i'm really not sure what happend .. it might be a server related thing ... i aslo had a few people trying it out befor the reinstalation and they had the same problem ...

i just got one more question ... to be able to log on as admin in bridge mode  do i need to make an account with the same usernam/password on the phpBB ??

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 09:11:36 pm »

ok i did install it on  the main board  but when i try to get to the user galleris i get this errormessage  when im not logged in

Code: [Select]
Template error
Failed to find block 'log_ecards'(#(<!-- BEGIN log_ecards -->)(.*?)(<!-- END log_ecards -->)#s) in :

<div align="center">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_TITLE}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="{CATEGORIES_TITLE}">{CATEGORIES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php{CATL}" title="{ALBUMS_TITLE}">{ALBUMS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="groupmgr.php" title="{GROUPS_TITLE}">{GROUPS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="usermgr.php" title="{USERS_TITLE}">{USERS_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="banning.php" title="{BAN_TITLE}">{BAN_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="reviewcom.php" title="{COMMENTS_TITLE}">{COMMENTS_LNK}</a></td>

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="picmgr.php" title="{PICTURES_TITLE}">{PICTURES_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="searchnew.php" title="{SEARCHNEW_TITLE}">{SEARCHNEW_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="util.php" title="{UTIL_TITLE}">{UTIL_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="{MY_PROF_TITLE}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- BEGIN documentation -->
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="{DOCUMENTATION_HREF}" title="{DOCUMENTATION_TITLE}" target="cpg_documentation">{DOCUMENTATION_LNK}</a></td>
<!-- END documentation -->
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>

the debug info gave me this output

Code: [Select]
While executing query "SELECT user_id as user_id,username as user_name,COUNT(DISTINCT a.aid) as alb_count,COUNT(DISTINCT pid) as pic_count,MAX(pid) as thumb_pid, MAX(galleryicon) as gallery_pid FROM cpg140_albums AS a INNER JOIN `ilderfor_phpbb1`.phpbb_users as u on u.user_id+10000=a.category LEFT JOIN cpg140_pictures AS p ON p.aid = a.aid WHERE ((isnull(approved) or approved='YES') AND category > 10000)  GROUP BY category ORDER BY category LIMIT 0, 12 " on 0

mySQL error:

what can i do to solve this problem ??

Ps there were no more text after the  mySQL error:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 09:22:18 pm by Ferret_dude »

Nibbler

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 09:31:48 pm »

Either move phpbb and cpg into the same db, allow access to both from the same db user, or wait for me to upgrade the code.

Ferret_dude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 09:38:36 pm »

thanks  for the help .. it was probably  the fact that i did use the same DB on the test who made it  work

btw when wil the code be upgraded ??

Nibbler

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 10:49:16 pm »

About.....now !  :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.