Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG1.4.2 released as stable  (Read 200619 times)

mboesen

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Boesen Photography & Design
Re: CPG1.4.2 released as stable
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2005, 09:35:50 pm »

I have just updated to CPG 1.4.2, because I was having some problems uploading pictures (found a thread to solve that) and thought that I might as well upgrade to the newest version.

Now I have a serious problem since the SEARCH FUNCTION doesn't work. If I choose SEARCH I get the page saying that the server can't be found. Even more serious is that all my links from my Photosite is linked to Coppermine by the serach function and now it just times out and no pictures appear.

I will be very happy for some very quick help, since this problem totally messed up my photosite.

Coppermine is used on www.stockit.dk, where you can enter the database or go directly to search (when it worked)

And all the links that are messed up are on www.boesenfoto.dk under SENESTE OPGAVER

PLEASE HELP ME ?!?!?!?!?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2005, 10:44:32 pm »

Why would you post here?  Did you not read the other posts in this thread or even the first post?

Why would people assist you if you're not willing to read carefully something as simple as a forum thread?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here.  I'm really curious if it's something more than a mistake, which we all make from time to time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 10:52:02 pm by Paver »

John Hjorth

• Coppermine novice
  • phpBB, CPG & GoldWing geek
    • www.CopperMine.dk
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 03:53:07 am »

Dev Team,

Great job !  - and thank You ! - Something really has happened to Coppermine with this release. I'm quite new with Coppermine, so I have stayed away from the CPG 1.4.x Beta - have had lots to do with CPG 1.3.x - but it's dropped for good now.
"-Take good care of, and stay focused and present to all Your beloved one´s - otherwise You get jealousy adressed to the Gold Wing - and You - in Your personal Sphere ...!"
- My daughter : "phpBB, CPG & GoldWings - get a life ! - And You end up loosing your reputation as IT Mongol as well !"

mboesen

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Boesen Photography & Design
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 08:22:31 am »

- Paver

- sorry for my mistake, but I was looking in the support forum and couldn't figure out which was the correct place to add this thread, so I took a  chance and added it here. The reason why I didn't read the whole thread is that the site was insanely slow, that I didn't have the patience to keep searching.

But again sorry for the mistake. Instead of just "bashing" me, you could have been so kind to show me the right place to be.

Thx in advance!

Nibbler

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2005, 10:42:36 am »

Read the FIRST POST on this thread and you would have found the link.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=46.0

chacko

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2005, 02:07:24 pm »

8) I upgraded from 1.3.4 tp 1.4.2.  :D Thanks!

urmomma

• Coppermine novice
    • GlitchSeekers
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2005, 04:20:09 am »

I have two questions. Have you guys removed some of the queries and changed them into sessions? If you have, I will be very excited! Other question, does this version use more queries for displaying images? Like for a user who is browsing the gallery?

Thanks.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2005, 06:34:29 am »

@urmomma: Didn't you went through the posts in this thread. It has been repeatedly said that this is not a support thread and no questions should be asked on this thread. If you have a support query then open a new thread on the proper board.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

urmomma

• Coppermine novice
    • GlitchSeekers
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2005, 08:08:23 pm »

^my bad. I didn't think my post there was in any way a "support" post as I was asking about the new stable release and not how I upgraded and needed help because "X" didn't work or something. I just wanted to know a little more about it then what I was able to find in the documentation so I figured I post here. I will go make a thread for it in the support section then. Sorry.

frankyknife

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2005, 05:55:34 am »

i can't find the "WHAT IS NEW IN CPG1.4.x" section. where is it?

i have looked on your page, i have searched the forum, i have read the docs, i went to the download section... but nowhere anything of any kind of "update history" !!!  ???

i know i am totally on the wrong way... and i know this has to exist anywhere... but i am looking now for 1/2 hour for only this single point... i am going crazy!  >:(

renatab

• Coppermine novice
    • www.renatavonline.com
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2005, 10:08:08 am »

what a gift this is!!!!!! thank you for all the hard work you put into it. i am running my kids new site with it- great. for my own, i am still a bit scared to do the upgrade.. but 1.4.2 is worth taking the risk.
for the first time i used "fruity" as a them, and i am sooo pleasantly surprised how extremely well-written it is, as i adjusted it slightly (with all due credit to gaugau), and it all worked perfectly the first time around.
thanks a heap!!!
renata
a shot says more than a thousand words...

bnies

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.nies.ch/
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2005, 04:27:54 pm »

Hi,

Just wanted to give THOUSAND THANKS to all people who are involved in this project. After browsing through dozens of album software i finally found Coppermine which fits exactly the needs I had to implement a public album where many amateur astronomers can post their images and share photographic skills. Here's the site I realized with Coppermine:

http://aida.astroinfo.org/

Regards,
Bernd

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
MOVED: Re: CPG1.4.2 released as stable
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 02:24:53 am »

pariguayo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2006, 05:51:48 am »

How can i update by old version without losing all my files?

http://www.party-watchers.com/gallery.html

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2006, 04:22:39 pm »

RTFM. Upgrade to the most recent stable cpg1.4.3. Don't post your individual questions on an announcement thread. It's users like you that force us to lock every announcement and sticky thread. Locking now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.