Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail but no Image File  (Read 5304 times)

stevemul

• Coppermine newbie
Thumbnail but no Image File
« on: November 14, 2005, 01:01:41 am »

I have set the maximum upload file size to 200kb and 1000 pixels.

If this is exceeded Coppermine accepts the file without any error msg, it creates a thumbnail but no other images. The thumbnail can be seen in an album but when it is clicked a blank page appears.

I can't delete the thumbnail so the album has a thumbnail but no image file.

Best regards,

Steve, Hobart, Tasmania, OZ.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:52:56 am by GauGau »

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: Thumbnail but no Image File
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 01:47:19 am »

From the main page, log into CPG. Then browse to the page listing the album which contains the thumbnail/photo. Select 'Edit Files". From there you should be able to delete the file from the album.
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

stevemul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 02:03:26 am »

Many thanks, that worked well.

I have Registered Users (non-administrators) uploading to these albums so I am looking for a method for the Users to delete their own thumbnail when this error occurs.

Better still I am looking for some way of avoiding the error.  I hope I am not misunderstanding the way image sizing works - my expectation would be that any image file exceeding the specified size limits should be rejected and a msg given to the user that it has been rejected and the reason why.  Accepting an image file and creating just a thumbnail seems to me to be misleading to the User and creates extra work for the Adminsitrator to clean up.

The Users, members of the Hobart Photo Society, are delighted with the Upload facility and dreaming up more and more ways of using it.

Thanks again for the speedy response.

Steve.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 10:49:46 pm »

Unable to replicate. Both filesize and dimension restrictions seem to be working as expected (ie. user gets message and upload is refused). Please post your relevent config settings and a link and test account if possible.

stevemul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 02:29:05 am »

Thank you for looking at this, Nibbler.

I think I have found a solution. I changed "Auto resize images ...." under "File and thumbnails settings" from "Yes:Everyone" to "No". Now any image that is too big in width, height or file size is rejected and we get an error msg.

I don't know why we had the original problem. Two independent users of the site had exactly the same problemof thumbnails but no normal size image file.. Maybe it was something with my ISP's "Image Magick".

Our Gallery is now working though with stricter size limits but that's fine.

The site is : http://www.hobartphoto.org.au/coppermine/index.php

.... and I have set up a Test album.  If you would like to look any further I can e-mail you an account name and password.  However I am now happy; we will test further and I'll report back if we have any more problems.

BTW, our parameters are 1000 pixels max image size and 200kb max file size.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve, Hobart, Tasmania.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.