No Support > General discussion (no support!)

Announcements via Mailinglist / RSS

(1/3) > >>

hbrecht:
Hello,

I did not found a mailing-list or an rss-feed for announcements of security-issues or new versions of coppermine. Am I too blind or does this not exists?
It would be quite nice to have an rss-feed of the announcement-forum-part for easier getting informations...

Thanks in advance,
  Valeri

Tranz:
You can click on the Notify button in the Announcement board and should get email notification when there are new posts or threads. I haven't tried this myself.

hbrecht:
Thanks, that was the feature I was searching for  :)

susfour:

--- Quote from: TranzNDance on September 23, 2005, 11:24:18 pm ---You can click on the Notify button in the Announcement board and should get email notification when there are new posts or threads. I haven't tried this myself.

--- End quote ---

but that is so much more time intensive and cumbersome to have to register just to get announcement notifications.  For those sysadmins who are just trying to keep up our customers' use of insecure php apps, a security mailing list or rss feed would be much easier and give us much less noise in our inbox.

solarian:
Can I please reiterate susfour's request for an RSS feed for security/update announcements.  The latest one -- which is a biggie -- I only noticed today, a couple of days after it was announced, by sheer diligence in remembering to check up on coppermine every now and then...

Seriously, just a handwritten RSS feed (no need to write a script to produce RSS from this forum) would be simple to do, and very beneficial for all of us who have responsibility for security on sites running coppermine.  Serving up a static RSS file would have very little impact on your server load.  I have subscribed to the announcements topic for now, but please do consider this request.

BTW I think coppermine is superb, but watch those environment variables!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version