Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Code Organization?  (Read 6856 times)

libelle

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.fogbound.net
Code Organization?
« on: October 02, 2003, 05:51:27 am »

OK, I know this is a big request...

I'd like to see greater separation of the display and the functional code itself.

For example, I'm working in my spare time on some import/export admin tools so people can import/export to/from SWIGS or other similar galleries. It will also enable the creation of static galleries for distribution on CDROM, for example.

The problem is, the functions are not generalized. I will be implementing my own redundant "add picture" routine, my own redundant "create category" and "create album" routines. This will work, but it introduces a maintenance nightmare.

Ideally, those functions could be moved into some of the include files, so there's just a single point that all other fucntions could call.

Developers, I can imagine you're either laughing or cursing if you've read this far. I know how it is. Please don't take this suggestion as criticism of the code you've already written! It's a great program.
--
SjG

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
Code Organization?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 08:19:01 am »

This is something that we want to accomplish as well, but all the devs need to become more comfortable with the current code, before re-tooling everything under the hood.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.