Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Successful integration Coppermine 1.4.1 beta + SMF 1.0.5 + Mambo 4.5.2.3  (Read 12388 times)

videoed

• Coppermine newbie
    • videoedicion.org

Note: What I say here worked for me, as stated in the topic, but n1kki6 has added further on in this thread an extremely complete integration guide step by step with all stable versions and links which can be really helpful, specially for newbies. Thanks n1kki6
http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=58262&page=2&pp=16

It has taken me almost a whole week, day and night, to integrate Mambo + SMF + Coppermine but I've finally done it. Surprisingly, in the end it has turned up to be EXTREMELY easy, at least in my case. I'll tell you how I've done it:

Installed Mambo SMF Forum Integration 1.3.1.3 downloaded from Mamboforge.net --->CORRECTION: I DID NOT followed this step, I was confused when I first wrote this, it was my mistake, sorry. I ONLY INSTALLED Mambo SMF Bridge v3.19a, as I said above. Besides there are some copyright issues with Mambo SMF Forum Integration, read on in this thread for further details
[li]Inside "SMF-Configuration" in Mambo Module Administration I set "SMF Forum integration: Use SMF Registration" That means SMF will control everything related with users (registration, loggin in, profiles, etc)[/li]
[li]I installed Coppermine 1.4.1 beta as a stand alone componenent, downloaded from sourceforge.net[/li]
[/list]

So far, so good.

The installation of Coppermine was correct but, surprisingly, the config menu was empty. There was not a sigle option to configure. The problem, in my particular case, is that Coppermine automatically detects the language of my browser and chooses the language accordingly. The spanish.php language file is incomplete. There was no spanish translation made for CPG 1.4.1 beta config options, so almost everything displayed correcly... except the admin.php menu. I renamed spanish.php to something else and all the menus appeared... in english, of course, but they appeared. I added and translated all the missing admin code in the spanish.php language and then I had coppermine running perfectly.

I've attached my spanish.php file with the translated admin options in case someone is interested.

Now was the time to integrate Coppermine in my Mambo + SMF portal System. There is A LOT of information about the process both in this forum and in http://forum.mamboserver.com but one way or the other you end up in the two main threads which deals with Mambo + Coppermine integration:

New Coppermine Beta Version 1.4x and Mambo
Complete integration procedure (this one is for CPG 1.3.x)

I tried and tried and tried and tried step by step once and again.... with no success at all. So I finally decided to use the Coppermine as a stand alone gallery, but using SMF integration so that it shared the users from SMF (... and therefore, Mambo users as well)

I used the Coppermine Bridge Manager from the Admin Tools in CPG 1.4.1 beta, chose SMF and... Bingo! Not a single problem. I had Coppermine running stand alone but using my users database. Now was the time to try to wrap Coppermine inside Mambo. Mambo auto height function did not work properly for me. I had to set the height manually  but, obviously, not all the pages are the same height so I had to set a very high value to avoid the scrolling bars...

I searched about this in http://forum.mamboserver.com and I found this:

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showpost.php?p=216041&postcount=4

The solution is as simple as NOT using the full URL in the Wrapper, but the relative path. In my case I have mambo installed in the root of my FTP.

http://www.videoedicion.org

I installed Coppermine in /galeria

http://www.videoedicion.org/galeria

In the wrapper options I have the following settings:

Link Wrapper: /galeria
IMPORTANT! It does NOT work if you set here the full URL - http://www.videoedicion.org/galeria. Of course, you should change "galeria" and write here the path where you installed Coppermine

IMPORTANT! I Only made the wrapper work correctly with the following settings.
Scrolling: NO
Width: 100%
Height: 100%
Auto Height: YES
Auto Add: NO

and... here's the result:

http://www.videoedicion.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=80

Thanks A LOT to all of you for creating and supporting Coppermine. I really hope I can help some of you with the information here provided. It would be the best thinkable way of saying HUGE THANKS and giving something back to you all.

;)

PS: English is not my mothertongue and perhaps some of the steps are not clear enough for not having chosen the right words. Please, let me know and I will do my best to explain in a way you can understand. Thanks for your understanding
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 11:22:24 am by GauGau »
No existe la no-comunicación

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

not a bug report, but a testing report of a user who managed to get the beta working - good!
I marked this thread as "FAQ" to provide an integration-howto, the whole thread should be moved to the cpg1.4 support board once it opens for the public. Thanks for your feedback.

Joachim

videoed

• Coppermine newbie
    • videoedicion.org

I've modified my previous post:

Note: What I say here worked for me, as stated in the topic, but n1kki6 has added further on in this thread an extremely complete integration guide step by step with all stable versions and links which can be really helpful, specially for newbies. Thanks n1kki6
http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=58262&page=2&pp=16/quote]

Installed Mambo SMF Forum Integration 1.3.1.3 downloaded from Mamboforge.net --->CORRECTION: I DID NOT followed this step, I was confused when I first wrote this, it was my mistake, sorry. I ONLY INSTALLED Mambo SMF Bridge v3.19a, as I said above. Besides there are some copyright issues with Mambo SMF Forum Integration, read on in this thread for further details

I published this very same post in mamboforum not realizing that I should have only published in one place and linked... sorry...

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=58262
No existe la no-comunicación

n3n

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Successful integration Coppermine 1.4.1 beta + SMF 1.0.5 + Mambo 4.5.2.3
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 01:02:54 pm »

Yea that's true the_todd. Is there a page with a demo of coppermine vis ? Would like to
see it in acton before paying for it...

ac99

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 09:34:20 pm »

After change smf.inc.php line 50 to .../forum and change init.inc.php removing the // on // define('UDB_INTEGRATION', 'smf'); I'm getting the following error when go to the coppermine url:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/ac99/public_html/galeria/bridge/smf.inc.php on line 126

I've already have this problem before, in another site, but I couldn't remember what have I done :-[ :-[ :-[

Could you help me?
Thanks in advance

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 09:38:30 pm »

Look, don't post individual support requests on a sticky thread, especially when you are using a completely different version of Coppermine than the one being discussed. Go to the 1.3 bridging board and make a proper support request there following the instructions in the sticky thread there.

ac99

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 05:33:16 pm »

Look, don't post individual support requests on a sticky thread, especially when you are using a completely different version of Coppermine than the one being discussed. Go to the 1.3 bridging board and make a proper support request there following the instructions in the sticky thread there.

Sorry man. You could delete my post.

And I'm not using 1.3 ::)

Seye

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 10:06:01 am »

One little thing to add to this... (again more for the people that are new to this than anything else)

If you want to make Coppermine fit in the wrapper better you need to get rid of the the table border from your template.html file.

So simply change
Code: [Select]
<body>
  {CUSTOM_HEADER}
  <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="20" cellspacing="20">

to
Code: [Select]
<body>
  {CUSTOM_HEADER}
  <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

For an example have a look here. (not that it really needs an example its fairly self explanitory)

I am running CPG 1.4.3(Stable) bridged to SMF 1.1RC2 which is, in turn, bridged to Joomla 1.0.7 (Joomla-SMF Bridge 3.20).

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 11:08:08 pm »

Sounds interesting.

Only thing I really dislliked is the commercial background of the LoomBla guy above: the_todd

Coppermine is GNU, so the option in LoomBla :

Choose whether to hide / display Coppermine or Joombla Copyright notices

You even post this image on your website:

(http://www.joombla.com/store/images/uploads/copperminevisprem1.jpg)

With the remark yes this is legal (bottom of image)

Doesn't show any respect to the creators, so neither will I and probably more respect your work.

Just my 2 cents  >:(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 11:18:06 pm by xplicit »
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 11:51:17 pm »

Thank you for bringing that up, xplicit. :)

I have split the_todd's post from this thread as we've said that asking or telling how to remove the copyright will result in the post being removed. Doing so in a Config is the same thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.