Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.4.1 BETA released  (Read 138152 times)

marcos

• Coppermine novice
    • Fly By!
Re: cpg1.4.1 BETA released
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 01:17:37 pm »

Devs,
If I get my 1.3 to 1.4 now, everything that 'll be changed in this code can be simply viewed ,
or I 'll have to compare everything again?

Thanx for making the best better.........
goingtowritethislaterbecausemyspacebarisnotworkingproperly

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 06:26:36 pm »

I don't understand your question, please re-phrase it. Keep in mind:
1) cpg1.4.x is beta software, don't use it on a live production site unless you're very familiar with it
2) there's no support for cpg1.4.x yet, it comes as-is
3) all mods that you have applied to cpg1.3.x will have to be re-applied if you upgrade to cpg1.4.x, as every upgrade replaces the previous code
4) before upgrading, backup both your files and your database, so you can go back savely if the upgrade doesn't work for you

marcos

• Coppermine novice
    • Fly By!
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2005, 12:45:18 am »

It's because I got some mods... and will need to compare everything to update my cpg....
so.. I want to do it now....I never used this cvs stuff..
how can I get to know everything that changed from today..

sorry my bad english

=)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2005, 11:39:31 am »

How to preserve your mods
1) Make a backup of your current files of your coppermine isntall to your local hard drive
2) Get a diff viewer like WinMerge, install it on your PC
3) Get a fresh copy of cpg1.3.3, unpack it somewhere on your hard drive
4) Use the diff viewer to compare the fresh copy of cpg1.3.3 you just downloaded to your modified version you have downloaded in step 1
5) Note all the changes the diff viewer finds between the fresh copy and your modded version
6) Get cpg1.4.1 beta, unpack it to your hard drive and upload it as suggested in the docs that come with it (performing a regular upgrade)
7) If you have a custom theme, read the theme guide that comes with cpg1.4.1 to upgrade your custom 1.3.x theme to work with cpg1.4.1
8) Check that your new cpg1.4.x install works as expected, with all the new features that come with it (but not yet with the mods you applied)
9) Run the bridge manager (if you used to have your cpg1.3.x install bridged)
10) Again: check your cpg1.4.1 install: does everything still work as expected
11) Now that you have a working cpg1.4.1 install, it's time to re-apply the mods you used to have in your old install. For this purpose, take a look at the notes you have taken in step 5, and re-apply the code changes to your cpg1.4.1 sources
12) Finally check your cpg1.4.1 install: does it work as expected, with your custom mods in place?

I have to remind you once more: it's not recommended to use cpg1.4.1 beta on a production site, and it's only recommended for experienced users. If you feel that the above mentioned steps are to hard for you, then just don't perform the upgrade. Instead: wait untill the stable version of cpg1.4.x comes out. There is no support for cpg1.4.1 yet, so you won't be able to turn to this support board and request help fixing any issues that might turn up during the upgrade process.
This is just as much help as I'm ready to give on an announcement thread for a beta version; please don't post further questions to this thread about how to preserve your mods for cpg1.4.1 - in fact, if you don't know how to preserve your mods, you shouldn't even consider upgrading at all yet.

BMWHeaven

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.bmwheaven.com
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2005, 04:36:14 pm »

Marcos, a tip for you, if you don't want to go through all of this again.
If you make changes in the code of coppermine (or anything else that you didn't originally create), put comment above the code or function you are editing.
Also don't delete the code you want to change, comment this out, and put something like:
"MARCOS EDITED THIS @ date" in the comment, this way you will only have to search for "MARCOS" and you will get all the files which you edited, and where you edited them.
Have fun :)

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2005, 06:36:11 pm »

Anybody Modding 1.4 (now is too early but if you really want too.....) you should check into the plugin system FIRST.

Many mods don't need to be modded anymore, they just need to be made into plugins. Then subsequent changes to coppermine, only require fixes to the mod, not a diff viewer etc. Many changes can be made to coppermine without breaking plugins.

http://cpg-contrib.org is a good developer reference for plugin development.

lykman

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
    • http://www.dpgr.gr
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2005, 12:54:48 pm »

We're sending out the cpg1.4.1 language files to the translators now, hopefully there will be feedback soon.
We're looking forward to your feedback on cpg1.4.1...

Cheers

Joachim

Dear Joachim,
I haven't received the language file...
Coppermine is GREAT!!!

Problems with Greek lang of Coppermine? Contact me!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2005, 01:51:15 pm »

Dear Joachim,
I haven't received the language file...
please see my posting on the language / translation thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=20355.msg90145#msg90145
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 08:22:37 am by GauGau »

marcos

• Coppermine novice
    • Fly By!
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 12:49:30 pm »

GauGau,

Really thanx , good step-list to follow to upgrade.
But, my question was not about my mods.

It's about what will be changed in 1.4 from today ...
How can I get to know when some lines change, (in the core version)
so I'll be able to upgrade it now.. and just keep it updated

=)
sorry my bad english made you waste your time....

BMWHeaven,
Yeah.. I should have done that... i just put a lot of ///////////// bars... think it will be useful either...

And plugins rox donnoman...
checking it out
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 12:56:43 pm by marcos »

evhwanabe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 05:05:36 pm »

Upgraded from 1.3 No problems at all! Awesome Job guys. I started modding my theme last night, and have not run into any problems!
click here to view gallery so far

I use Movable Type, so getting the gallery to look like it "belongs" is always a little tough for me, but I am getting better  ;).

thanks alot guys, and keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 10:17:28 pm by evhwanabe »

Scotty_B

• Coppermine newbie
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2005, 03:13:50 am »

Seems stable so far bridged with SMF 1.1 (latest SMF bridge download from the cvs) so have put it live on my production site.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/gallery/index.php

bmd_online

• Coppermine newbie
    • My gallery
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2005, 07:57:44 pm »

When connecting to my gallery, I have this error :
Code: [Select]
While executing query "delete from `bmd.online`.cpg_sessions where time<1122742088 and remember=0;" on Resource id #5

mySQL error: Incorrect table name 'cpg_sessions'

(I have replaced my database name (from my provider) with "bmd.online". My real database name was "firstname.lastname").

In the file bridge/coppermine.inc.php, I have changed (lines 68-70)
                $this->usertable = '`' . $this->db['name'] . '`.' . $this->db['prefix'] . $this->table['users'];
                $this->groupstable =  '`' . $this->db['name'] . '`.' . $this->db['prefix'] . $this->table['groups'];
                $this->sessionstable =  '`' . $this->db['name'] . '`.' . $this->db['prefix'] . $this->table['sessions'];

like this
                $this->usertable = $this->db['prefix'] . $this->table['users'];
                $this->groupstable =  $this->db['prefix'] . $this->table['groups'];
                $this->sessionstable =  $this->db['prefix'] . $this->table['sessions'];

Now, it works correctly.

I'm using latest devel from CVS.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 09:46:37 am »

This is an announmcement thread, not the place to report bugs or potential errors. Not sure what your posting is meant to be: support request, bug report, note? However, it doesn't belong here.

It's sad that everybody is posting issues to this announcement thread that are not meant to be there: mod requests, support requests, bug reports, feature requests etc.
It's a pity that people don't respect board rules and common sense; I would have prefered it if people would have been able to reply to the anouncement itself, however they don't - that's why I'm locking this thread now... :\'(
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.