Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: PHP-Fusion and Coppermine Photo Gallery integration  (Read 118497 times)

Mr T

• Coppermine newbie
PHP-Fusion and Coppermine Photo Gallery integration
« on: July 12, 2005, 11:50:35 am »

I am using a CMS (Content Management System) for making my homepage - it is called PHP-Fusion - it is represented in at least 10 countries, some of them are:

England: http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/
Germany: http://www.php-fusion.de/
Sweden: http://www.php-fusion.se/
Denmark: http://www.phpfusion.dk/

It is similar to PostNuke, PHP2BB, XOOPS and others - and are using PHP and MySQL.

I Denmark where I live, as in England (the UK) - this CMS system is becoming more and more popular.

I would like your excellent Coppermine Photo Gallery to be integrated with PHP-Fusion, so that we are able to use it too.

Is it allready posible, cause I have not seen it on the list yet in your drop diown menu, when I signed up for this forum login account??

It would be excellent and a lot of people with PHP-Fusion would be very happy to be able to use your photo gallery.

Thank you very much!  ;)

/Mr T
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 10:13:45 am by Nibbler »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: PHP-Fusion and Coppermine Photo Gallery integration
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 01:15:21 am »

Feel free to develop a port of our standalone product.  We don't make ports, we only provide bridge files (if requested and our bridge writer can find the time to install a BBS and develop a bridge) that allow Coppermine to connect to a BBS's user tables instead of its own.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Mr T

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 10:25:51 am »

Sorry if I ask some stupid questions below... ::)

I am not sure what it takes, maybe it would be just fine to have the bridge files - to use your excellent photo gallery together with PHP-Fusion ??

I did not mean for you to develop a complete integration with PHP-Fusion - if that what you mean by develop a port - but I saw that you allready is compatible with PostNuke, PHP2BB, XOOPS and so on - so I just could not see if your gallery would work with PHP-Fusion allready - or there might be needed some bridge files as you write or ??

Is the bridge files what is needed for the developing team of PHP-Fusion to get it to work with PHP-Fusion, just like you allready have compability with PHP2BB, PostNuke and others or what do the PHP-Fusion developing team need from you, to get it to work within PHP Fusion??

/Mr T ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 11:07:58 am »

the existing bridge files almost certainly won't work for PHP-Fusion, you'll have to write separate bridge files for your particular app. You need intermediate to good coding skills to do so. If you don't have those skills, you might want to hire a coder. As kegobeer suggested: we usually don't create bridges, especially not for nuke clones, as a bridge file won't visually integrate coppermine into the other app, but only in terms of user management. People who use nuke clones want visual integration as well. To achieve this, not only a bridge file is needed, but a port (this means a lot of re-coding of coppermine's core code, losing compatibility on the way).

idontno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 04:34:54 am »

I hope this bumps this thread up. I am also developing a site with PHP-Fusion. It does have an image gallery mod available but I am much happier with Coppermine. Anyway. No recoding necessary. I just need a bridge to share user info. Can anyone help me get started. I can adapt or create a theme to visually match well enough and I will just link to gallery using href target=_Blank.

Running on Fedora Core 4. I would like to learn how to do this as opposed to having someone else do it for me but I will be happy either way.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 03:58:45 pm »

I'll look into it.

idontno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 05:25:02 pm »

Thanks Nibbler. Let me know if there is anytihng you need. The server is not production so if you need access to it you can have it. Let me know and if I can PM you then I can give you address and access to the site.

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 11:56:23 pm »

See how this works. You'll need to edit in the details:

Code: [Select]
// URL of your fusion
$this->boardurl = 'http://localhost/fusion';

// local path to your fusion config file
require_once('../fusion/config.php');

Then upload into your bridge folder and use it as a custom bridge file in the bridge manager. Unfortunately php-fusion does not appear to support redirection back to Coppermine after login/logout.

idontno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 09:30:17 pm »

Nibbler. Thanks for all the help on moving photos. A repartition and reinstall along with restoring files and DB's made for a much happier server. Regarding the bridge.

went through the wizard - all looked fine. Went to gallery and got......

Fatal error: fusion_cpg_udb::fusion_cpg_udb() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../fusion/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/mattc/gallery/bridge/phpfusion.inc.php on line 33

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 09:33:31 pm »

Is ../fusion/ the correct location of your php-fusion ?

idontno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 09:37:39 pm »

Darn you are fast. I posted the reply, read it, went DOH, edited and uploaded new bridge and all is good!

You are the bomb! I have got to learn more php

idontno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 12:07:26 am »

OK Nibbler. The bridge seems to be sort of bridging. I have to set albums to allow visitors to post in order to upload even logged in as Administrator. Let me know if you want an admin account to check on it and I will PM it to you

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 12:18:00 am »

That's normal behavior.

idontno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 02:33:10 am »

ok. I cant find anything else wrong at all. Looks like one to move to done!! Thanks bunches

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 10:42:41 am »

@Nibbler: is this stable enough to go into cpg1.4.3?

Nibbler

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 10:46:47 am »

I should think so. Would you like me to add it ?

idontno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 04:54:41 pm »

Gau Gau - I have tested it pretty hardily and I am quite pleased. May I announce its existance to the PHP-Fusion gang?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 09:49:09 am »

I should think so. Would you like me to add it ?
Yes, I think you should. Excellent work, as usual!

Gau Gau - I have tested it pretty hardily and I am quite pleased. May I announce its existance to the PHP-Fusion gang?
Yes, please go ahead  ;D

Dominator69

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 06:42:17 pm »

is there newer file i tried this file here i did bridge it i can see that im login from php fusion in the gallery but when i try to go to admin section and add album i got this error "Fatal error :"  any help apriciated. thanx in advance.

Nibbler

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 06:44:51 pm »

That's almost certainly unrelated. Search the board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.