Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Hosting for Coppermine photo Album?  (Read 395997 times)

caribe

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Web Hosting for Coppermine photo Album?
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2005, 02:07:13 am »

You can go to hostvertex.com they have a great service.
If you want I can give you a subdomain... just depend of the content.  You can see mine at www.eventos.pixser.net

ajsloan

• Coppermine newbie
    • Intuitive Drawings for the Soul
Re: Web Hosting for Coppermine photo Album? Hostrocket
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2005, 06:31:23 pm »

I have used Hostrocket for the last 4 years and have had great service. Here's the link.

http://www.hostrocket.com/?AID=1485218&PID=1569033

semuhire

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2005, 02:15:04 pm »

Hi, try http://www.afrohosting.com , you will get a fantastico package which includes this package, so you can install Coppermine photo album at a single mouse click and then customize it the way you want. Go to http://www.afrohosting.com/index.html

ajsloan

• Coppermine newbie
    • Intuitive Drawings for the Soul
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2005, 06:59:11 pm »

I have used Hostrocket for the last 4 years and have had great service. Here's the link.

http://www.hostrocket.com/?AID=1485218&PID=1569033

You can check out my website to see my Coppermine gallery live. http://www.ajsloan.com

tomlad

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Watermarking hack (w/ ImageMagick)
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2005, 12:49:46 pm »

I was trying to get GD to work for ages and then realised that its fairly crap. So i tried image magic on my free server but it didnt have it :(... I finally found www.firefuse.com hosting company and sent them an email about it host@firefuse.com.  They do really cheap hosting packages because their largely non-profit. Sort of by the people for the people hosting.

So now i have a really great server package with Image magik, cpanel, fantastico (installs coppermine and phpbb ect with one click on your server).

Great stuff
im on the bronzeplus package
$3.95/month = 500mb space, 10,000MB bandwidth, PHP, Perl, CGI, Cpanel, Image magic

But they also do Bronze for people who dont need the extra space (you can request more space)
$1.95/month = 200mb space 7,500MB bandwidth, PHP, perl, cpanel, image magic

By the way if you get a package here the path for IM is usr/local/bin/convert (i already asked).

So there you are homies. Bask in the delights. (Thought i'd give something back since ive been using this forum loads to get mods and support)

From Tom

[edit GauGau]
Split this posting from Watermarking hack (w/ ImageMagick) and merged it with the thread that deals with hosting issues
[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 01:16:40 pm by GauGau »

Dr_Michael

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • LightHunt
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2005, 11:27:59 am »

I am using for more than 1 year now one hosting company with great support and uptime. I have over 27000 photos and up to 8000 members in my site.

Prices:
100 ΜΒ space and 1 GB traffic/month = €5 / month
200 ΜΒ space and 1 GB traffic/month = €6 / month
300 ΜΒ space and 1 GB traffic/month = €7 / month
300 ΜΒ space and 2 GB traffic/month = €8 / month
100 ΜΒ space and 2 GB traffic/month = €6 / month
200 ΜΒ space and 3 GB traffic/month = €7 / month

Uptime:
http://florida.websitepulse.net/uptime/K1542I8543.html

I will not mention the name of the company because I dont want to advertise. If anyone interested, pm me.

The company (Netdynamics) is in Greece and the server is in Miami, Florida, USA.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 01:28:58 am by Dr_Michael »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2005, 07:13:27 pm »

I will not mention the name of the company because I dont want to advertise. If anyone interested, pm me.
on this thread you're even encouraged to advertise, that's what the thread is for. Your posting is somewhat irrelevant if you don't tell people what webhost you're with, so I suggest you review your posting and add a link to your webhost. It's recommended that you post what country you're in as well...

Joachim

andy_cul

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Incigida
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2005, 10:01:02 am »

try this http://epinoy.com

FREE hosting

http://yourname.epinoy.com
100 mb webspace
1000 mb bandwidth
Php, perl mysql and ftp account supported
with built in phpBB forum that's free

twrobins

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2005, 06:22:14 pm »

Check out the options offered by InMotion Hosting - The Coppermine can be installed with one click and we even take the time to help our less experienced users get their Gallery setup how they like it.  GD2 and ImageMagik available.

Instructions include how to allow your Coppermine to accept huge uploads (we have a lot of photographers), switch easily to new themes, and, the most popular by far, uploading directly from XP's "Publish the Folder/File to Web"

Please come by and visit us - www.inmotionhosting.com

We would be happy to help!  Send me a PM and I will get you $20 off any 12 months of hosting for the first year.

Thanks!

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2005, 10:24:54 am »

If you want really cheap shared web hosting then i recommend www.globedomain.com  You will get 250MB with 2.5GB Bandwidth per month for just $10.75 per year. Yes that's right $10.75 per year. Other features includes unlimited email accounts, unltd databases, unltd subdomains, unltd ftp accounts and much more. Coppermine works absolutely fine on their server.

My personal site www.abbasali.net is hosted on globedomain so you can check out the speed and other things regarding server. They give good support and generally responds to the query within 12 hours.

I won't say that they are the best web hosting providers but for $10.75 a year they are good.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

colorwonderful

• Coppermine newbie
a good/coppermine compatible webhost?
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2005, 04:37:47 am »

i dont even know if this question would go here, im new to the forum and coppermine in general.. but.. I am going to purchase a domain name and need a webhost.. i am making a site with coppermine gallery. i know these are the minumum requirements:
(any webserver, Apache recommended (Coppermine has been reported to work with Apache, Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), Roxen WebServer, Abyss, JanaServer)
PHP 4.1.0 or better
GD lib or Image Magick
mySQL 3.23.23 or better (4.x recommended). Don't confuse the client api version (which is shown in phpinfo) with the mySQL version! )

can anyone recommend a webhost with these and decent prices/ and I am going to post a lot of photogtaphy, etc. so a good amount of space.  Please email me at sari938@aol.com if you know of a good host. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 11:27:21 am by GauGau »

steverobbins

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
  • photographer
    • Steve Robbins' Personal Website
Re: a good/coppermine compatible webhost?
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2005, 03:08:47 pm »

I use www.dataflame.com - reasonable prices, never had any downtime.... choose a package with a MySQL database on the Linux hosting.

Regards
Steve.

skatewhale

• Coppermine newbie

We are dedicated to providing reliable web hosting solutions of the highest quality. All of our plans come with a 24/7 Live Chat support and 99.9% uptime guarantee.  Our focus is on reliability, uptime, and customer support.
Check us out at www.skatewhale.com!

Bonus: All Coppermine users will get a Free 10 Days Trial out! Test our speed, features, and Support, Free of Charge!  
Contact support@skatewhale.com for more info!  ;)

All plans include:
Unlimited Email Addresses
Unlimited MySQL Databases
Unlimited sub Domains
Unlimited Park & Addon Domains
Free Shared SSL
Cpanel 10.2 & Fantastico

1.0GB Space
10GB Bandwidth
$3.99/month

2GB Space
20GB Bandwidth
$6.99/month

500 mb Space
5GB Bandwidth
$2.49/month

150 MB Space
1.5 GB
$0.99/month

Argg, I am confused. No problem, contact support@skatewhale.com!
Hey, We're here to help!  :D
Skatewhale.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2005, 05:52:40 am »

we only allow webhosting ads in this very thread, so I merged your separate thread with the existing one.

gbourgui

• Coppermine newbie
Re: a good/coppermine compatible webhost?
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2005, 05:26:59 pm »

I've been with BlackSun (www.blacksun.ca) for a few years.  This is my first webhosting 'experience' and it has been excellent in my opinion.  I've been running a PHP/MySQL guestbook and bulletin board for a few years and recently installed 2 other PHP/MySQL applications, Retrospect-GDS and Coppermine.  BlackSun's prices are reasonable and support is excellent (again, in my opinion).

My 2 cents...

Nibbler

« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2005, 02:02:33 am »

I'm going to start providing Coppermine focused hosting myself as a reseller. The plan will be for up to 3GB space, 40GB bandwidth for $7 per month. This includes a proper Coppermine installation, bridging, security updates, personal email support and migrating your gallery from your current host. You'll get cPanel, FTP access, email and all the usual stuff. Email me (mail@ic-gallery.com) or use the board's messaging if you are interested or have any questions

PS. You'll be on the same server as my site if you want to check the speed.

Note: This is my own personal scheme and is in no way affiliated with the Coppermine dev team.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 03:52:04 pm by Nibbler »

reyn

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2005, 11:09:15 pm »

I have changed from a Windows Server based host to a Unix based one http://www.site5.com
# 3 GB Web Space
# 50 GB Bandwidth
# 5 Domain Pointers (Domains to a separate sub-directory)
# Unlimited MySQL Databases
# Unlimited E-mail Accounts
# Unlimited FTP Accounts
Costs $6.95 / month paid yearly.
I have sent two support requests and had replies within 10 minutes both solved.
 So far so good
Signup with Firefox and get one month free.

Frank

ProNet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2005, 11:51:04 am »

Can anyone tried http://www.acehost-isp.de/webhosting_paket_bestellung.php

3year webhosting, everything is unlimited like space and bandwith
and for FREE

but can't register? :S dones anyone tried?

ProNet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2005, 12:10:57 pm »

www.1go.dk
free webhosting it says 5MB
but i have now more then 1gb and can have more :)
there unlimit program don't work :D

the only problem is they don't have CGI, GD/IM  :(

despecial

• Coppermine newbie
Web Hosting for Coppermine photo album - bad experience with EasyCGI
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2005, 12:59:34 am »

I am looking for a provider to host my pictures gallery.
Currently this contains 2.500 images (and some movies - max 4Mb each - in total ± 1.2 Gb worth of files) and we are using the latest stable version of Coppermine.
Bandwith is ± 18 Gb per month (highest peak we had on one day = 1.2 Gb)
These images are from vacations we organise for a Belgian boyscout organisation - therefor the bandwith usage only reaches these volumes during July - August and September (experience from previous years) with small volumes during the other months. They will grow each year, but we only retain the best ones from the previous year.
We allow only a few people to upload through FTP & kids can upload single files through HTTP.
Acceptance is done by 1 or 2 people (batch approval) , which on the fly creates the thumbnail, the resized image and inject the necessary records in the MySQL db.

I previously was hosted by EasyCGI, but they more or less suspended my account declaring that I was using too much CPU (although they mentioned several different PHP processes - I believe they could not point out the real problem, if there was any)
They have provided me with the specs of the machine I was hosted on:
The computer is configured with 3.0Ghz Intel Xeon+ with 1GB RAM.    The Operating system is Microsoft Windows 2000 and we are running IIS5.0.
I believe a 2 - 3 Gb diskspace with 30 - 50Gb bandwith should be more than sufficient.

Any insights on choosing a good webhoster?

Thanks in advance & best regards

Pieter Van der Hulst
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.