Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Hosting for Coppermine photo Album?  (Read 395965 times)

Nibbler

Web Hosting for Coppermine photo Album?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2004, 09:20:13 pm »

Your host should already have either GD or imagemagik installed already. You just need to know if it is GD1 or GD2, or if imgaemagik, the correct path to enter into the config.

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2004, 10:36:29 pm »

If you check the FAQs you can make a "Info.php" file to upload to your server.. and with that you can get all the info you need about the host without asking them :)

Everfresh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 11:22:09 pm »

Thank you. I think I've decided on a host. http://www.powweb.com/webhosting.htm. It looks like they have everything needed and they're only $7.77 a month. But I will have to wait another day before I can start working on my gallery :D

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2004, 11:23:11 pm »

powweb is a great Host :)
I used to use them :)

one I got now is $40/year + $10/year to register domain name too.. can't remember their site off top of my head since it's been almost a year now... lol

Einstein

• Coppermine novice
  • E = mc^2
Re: Web Hosting for Coppermine photo Album?
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2004, 04:58:46 pm »

http://www.surpasshosting.com
Thanks for the information ... I did have a closer look on this host and it seems much beter then my current.

Anyone have experiences on hosting and domain names registered in USA, when the site is used and admined from Europe? Is there any problems? A credit card is needed, that's for sure.

From where can I found cheap domain registrations then?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2004, 05:15:41 pm »

Anyone have experiences on hosting and domain names registered in USA, when the site is used and admined from Europe? Is there any problems? A credit card is needed, that's for sure.

My site is based on a US server (Haisoft.com), but is totally administered from the UK.  No problems that way.

But this 'surpasshosting.com' deal seems so good, I'm thinking of migrating when our year is up.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 04:02:07 pm »

Hi

I am using Sibername.com in Canada.  They have all of the software people seem to be looking for, are very economical and have the best help desk I have ever encountered in 15 years of using Hosts of all shapes and sizes (and costs...).  

I would highly recommend them.    http://www.sibername.com

achintya

coco

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 10:43:24 pm »

www.3dpixelnet.com

I think you will find has the best value for money. Has great customer service including Live online Help System. mysql 4, php 4.3.5, and GD2 (libraries). Pay in 3 currencies, £, $, or €.

thats who I host with!! Any probs I have they are always happy to deal with it.

pkulak

• Coppermine newbie
    • PKulak.com
Good webhost for Coppermine?
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2004, 08:34:48 am »

I'm with Globat right now, but thier server is giving me problems with imageMagic and they don't support mod_rewrite. I was thinking about LunarPages since they do support mod_rewrite. Do anyone use them and know how their server handles intensive tasks like bicubic resizing? Thanks.

EDIT: HAHA! I'm such a retard. ::)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 09:03:58 am by pkulak »
"To do any good at all, just believing you are right and you motives are good isn't enough." - Ursula K. Le Guin

killerbud99

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2004, 12:40:48 am »

A1K Hosting has coppermine built in with fantastico there web space is cheep too and have great service ive been with them for a yeay and no down time   http://a1khosting.com

jackamus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2004, 02:03:36 am »

Another fine host would be http://www.lee-kelly-hosting.com

I run 1.3 beta with some 600+ users and never any complaints from the host.  Give them a try and tell them Jackamus sent you.

Later,
Jack

RickH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2004, 10:51:42 pm »

Intellii.com is another great host... I share an accoutn with my friend and it uses cpanel as well as fantastico so cpg can be instgalled we a name, password and three clicks. They hadnt updated fantastico in a while, but their customer service is great. I logged a support ticket and they answered within a couple of hours and didnt stop until the problem was solved.

its cheap, with unixc/linux hosting, windows hosting, dedicated servers as well as reseller plans.

DefenceTalk.com

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.defencetalk.com
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2004, 12:44:00 am »

Defencetalk.com's coppermine  is hosted at www.24hostingnow.com and they are WONDERFUL!

The installation is automated through fantastico (not to mention many other scripts in fantastico) plus if there are any problems with your database or even the scripts which if are the result of database malfuction, etc. they will fix it in a fly! Great support as well.
(http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/signature_cpg.php)

loudone

• Coppermine novice
  • ALL things web!
    • Web Solutions
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2004, 03:24:51 am »

http://www.1and1.com  is offering 500 megs free for 3 years.  To every appearance I can find this appears legit.

I use them for a few of my sites,,,,they are somehow legit!

charlottezweb

• Coppermine newbie
    • Charlottezweb.com
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2004, 06:20:26 pm »

http://www.1and1.com  is offering 500 megs free for 3 years.  To every appearance I can find this appears legit.

I use them for a few of my sites,,,,they are somehow legit!

It is legit, though I hear some people get what they pay for (or don't pay lol) with lousy or non-existant support when problems arise.

I'd recommend anyone who has narrowed down their searches of potential hosts to do a search on Webhostingtalk.com to see what turns up. I've noticed that a few of the larger ones mentioned in this thread offering very cheap plans are constantly slammed by current and former clients for various issues.

Just to throw my hat in, I too offer hosting and have Coppermine 1.2.1 installable through a cpanel autoinstaller. 

http://www.charlottezweb.com

Whoever you go with, I highly recommend researching them first on Webhostingtalk.  Just because there is negative feedback, it doesn't mean you shouldn't try them, but it's nice to know what you could be getting into.

-Jason

death by dodge

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2004, 12:09:50 pm »

WellI do my own hosting on my cable conction. I pay $70 CDN per month for 50 gigs of ul/dl bandwidth . Sinc eI run my own serve (win 2000/Apache)r I have unlimited disc space. I also use everydns.net for my DNS hosting.

Rachelle

• Coppermine newbie
    • American Horse Central
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2004, 12:43:25 am »

I've been hosting all of my sites through netfirms for years now and they've recently added this photo gallery option ...they call it netfirmsphotogallery.. and don't really tell you anything about what you're getting... I went ahead and clicked to install it just to see what it was about and saw your link on the bottom page so here I am..I've been reading through this forum for 2 days now to try to learn as much as I can on my own, and still.... I'm clueless in so many areas.   I've never worked with php before, and didn't think I had that as an option with my hosting plan.. I love net firms, but I think they limit my powers with this gallery.

I can't even get my admin password...

When you go to 'agree' to the terms and conditions it says something to the affect of: the administrators at (and then there's no name) and I don't know how to fix it to make it my site's name..lol

Ok, there are lots more issues I'm running into that I'm sure belong in another area of this forum, so I'll leave it at this for now.

I guess maybe I needed to vent in a shot gun approach sort of way.  :-\\

Rachelle

• Coppermine newbie
    • American Horse Central
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2004, 01:03:09 am »

um..ok..not done venting...

I don't even know what version of coppermine I have through my host.. either they have failed  to supply the information, or I'm just blind as to where to look for it. ..grr!

And I could very well have infringed on some copywrite laws with the theme I'm using as it needed to be changed a little bit to suit my color schemes for the rest of my site.. (again, no information on what I'm allowed to do and not to do provided through my host).

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2004, 02:56:10 am »

They've done some fiddling with Coppermine, but it looks like you're getting the 1.2.1 version.  You can check this by looking on the config Console. Your admin password will be in your database users table (it is set at install). Anyway, don't be suprised if you find more little things, as there's no telling what they may have done to it.   See what you can learn from our documentation link.

PHP is an easy and powerful language, so I would suggest you pick up a book on it.  I suggest SAMs PHP, MySQL, and Apache for beginners. 
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Rachelle

• Coppermine newbie
    • American Horse Central
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2004, 03:09:36 am »

1.2.1 eh?  pah! I want the good stuff! ;)

Thanks for the info I'll start snooping around my ftp and see what I can find in all the new files they installed... should be a very fun adventure!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.